WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The manufacturer offered a deal that I could not refuse. I asked them to remove the text from the dial, same as on the other OCEAN7 watches, and move it to the back.

The dial will be gloss black. This is not shown in the pictures, and the watch will come with the customer's choice of bezel. THe second bezel cannot be included at this price, be will be offered at extra cost.

The watch will sell for $399 plus shipping, and will come in a wood or plastic box.

Mitch

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Whew alot happens when you step away for 2 days, I think it looks more in line with the Ocean 7 design now, it is a GMT model, like you said the G-Line, but the hands which have become IMHO a trademark of the 07 line either in the std ploprof or different configs like the LM-3, maybe LM-5....
|> |> Way to go Mitch way to go!:thanks
Regards
Robert
The manufacturer offered a deal that I could not refuse. I asked them to remove the text from the dial, same as on the other OCEAN7 watches, and move it to the back.

The dial will be gloss black. This is not shown in the pictures, and the watch will come with the customer's choice of bezel. THe second bezel cannot be included at this price, be will be offered at extra cost.

Mitch

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I am sure I read it somewhere, but have forgotten, or too lazy to search. Will the main hour hand be the quick set, ala Rolex and Omega, or will the 24 hour hand be the quickset?

If it is the 1st option, sign me up for one!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am sure I read it somewhere, but have forgotten, or too lazy to search. Will the main hour hand be the quick set, ala Rolex and Omega, or will the 24 hour hand be the quickset?

If it is the 1st option, sign me up for one!
The 24 hour hand is set in 1 hour increments.

Mitch

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
I like the look, Mitch, and the price should appeal to a large audience. |>

·
Registered
368 Posts
i have been planning on getting a steinhart GMT in the next couple months, it looks like this beats them in looks and price!

I have really been wanting a GMT but not a rolex clone:-!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I like the look, Mitch, and the price should appeal to a large audience. |>
I agree with Steve. This should be a great success for you given the broad popularity of this style and very attractive pricing. It will probably expand the market for Ocean 7 and bring people to the brand through the G1 so they can be tempted by your original designs like the LM-1.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with Steve. This should be a great success for you given the broad popularity of this style and very attractive pricing. It will probably expand the market for Ocean 7 and bring people to the brand through the G1 so they can be tempted by your original designs like the LM-1.
Hi Serafino,

That's an important point. The cost to me on this watch is the same as to others selling it for a lot more money. The margin is not adequate at this price, especially considering next year's advertising campaign, but if it leads to LM sales and serves as an intro to OCEAN7, that's what I want. After the first or second group of watches sells out, the price will rise.

The manufacturer suggested that we offer all bezel colors including blue/red. I'm not sure how popular that will be considering the orange on the dial, but it will be available.

Mitch

·
Registered
742 Posts
The manufacturer suggested that we offer all bezel colors including blue/red. I'm not sure how popular that will be considering the orange on the dial, but it will be available.

Mitch
Those were solid Blue and solid Red like the solid black one pictured?

Maybe put them out there as an easily orderable extra like Stowa does with the Seatimes too?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scott, black/red and blue/red are also listed on the proposal. There may be others available. I'll ask.

It's easy enough to offer them, but they are pressed in place and not designed to be changed often, same as Stowa.

Mitch

·
4,076 Posts
Mitch, when are you taking pre-orders on this one? I LOVE it.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Peepshow - The new web site will be running in a week or two, and it will allow you to sign up to be notified when the watches arrive. It looks like they will be here in early February, but we all know how that goes. Thanks, Mitch

·
4,076 Posts
Fantastic. WR rating on this particular one? I didn't see it in any of the threads...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mitch, I'd like to preorder a G1. The Pepsi Cola version or if not the all black version.
I do have a question though. The ETA 2893.A2 is a first class movement that always has chronometer grade components even if it is not a tested and certified unit, however the ETA 2824 is available in many grades from basic and up to chronometer (or Top which has the same components as the chronometer but not the certification)...and is less expensive than the 2892/2893 family, yet you have the expensive movement on your lowest price watch. How come?
Thanks Mitch and best of luck in your endeavor! How will service be provided?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mitch, I'd like to preorder a G1. The Pepsi Cola version or if not the all black version.
I do have a question though. The ETA 2893.A2 is a first class movement that always has chronometer grade components even if it is not a tested and certified unit, however the ETA 2824 is available in many grades from basic and up to chronometer (or Top which has the same components as the chronometer but not the certification)...and is less expensive than the 2892/2893 family, yet you have the expensive movement on your lowest price watch. How come?
Thanks Mitch and best of luck in your endeavor! How will service be provided?
Hi Jimr,
The G-1 uses a standard case design that the manufacturer has been making for some time. Since it is not a custom case there are no tooling costs to pay off, and he has a good allocation of 2893 movements. He approached me with this project, and I suggested using the same dial and hand design as used on the LM series.

At this point I'm looking for sales, not profits, therefore the low price. Once the magazine and Google advertising begins in the Spring, prices will rise, probably by $100 or so.

There are no preorders on this watch. I'm expecting 50 in February, and when they're gone, 50 more shortly thereafter. I don't expect them to sell out quickly because there is no advertising yet, other than here. On the new site you can ask to be notified when the watches are available, but I will announce it here, before filling requests from that list.

The watch comes with a one year warranty. I"m a watchmaker so I can handle repair issues quickly, and the manufacturer also backs up the watch with a one year warranty.

Mitch

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dear Mitch,
Thank you for your prompt reply! I am impressed. I'd love to be one of the first to purchase the G1. Will the 2893 be regulated by you before shipment? I know that it is easily capable of COSC accuracy. After a bit of reflection, the black bezel will be my first choice. Are you in the US?
Have a great holiday.
Jim

Hi Jimr,
The G-1 uses a standard case design that the manufacturer has been making for some time. Since it is not a custom case there are no tooling costs to pay off, and he has a good allocation of 2893 movements. He approached me with this project, and I suggested using the same dial and hand design as used on the LM series.

At this point I'm looking for sales, not profits, therefore the low price. Once the magazine and Google advertising begins in the Spring, prices will rise, probably by $100 or so.

There are no preorders on this watch. I'm expecting 50 in February, and when they're gone, 50 more shortly thereafter. I don't expect them to sell out quickly because there is no advertising yet, other than here. On the new site you can ask to be notified when the watches are available, but I will announce it here, before filling requests from that list.

The watch comes with a one year warranty. I"m a watchmaker so I can handle repair issues quickly, and the manufacturer also backs up the watch with a one year warranty.

Mitch

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will the 2893 be regulated by you before shipment? I know that it is easily capable of COSC accuracy. After a bit of reflection, the black bezel will be my first choice. Are you in the US?
I will check each watch on the trusty Vibrograf to make sure there are no issues, but I won't be able to regulate each one separately. This manufacturer does good work, and I don't expect problems. We will meet face to face next month.

We are in South Florida.

Regards,
Mitch

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just a thought. is if feasible to put the date at 6 O'clock?
If dials with the date cutout at 6 are stock then maybe.......??
I'm thinking it would keep a similar look among your watches.

(and I like it :) )

1 - 20 of 92 Posts