WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 7 G-2000 that are going to be coming up on battery changes in the next year or so. I only have 3 gaskets left!! Anyone have a source, part number, or just the o-ring size for these? I know they are getting up there in the vintage and hard to find parts for ages, but I have plenty of bands and bezels already put back (except for the sea blue, dear lord I wish I had a replacement band bezel for that so I could wear it more). Oh ya and Im in Germany now, though I can ship through the states if I thats the easiest source.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hmm I checked several suppliers and eBay and couldn't find. Can you post a photo? Maybe another watch uses the same gasket, which I know is the case for a couple G's.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure a photo would help, its just a round O-ring.

The problem being that when I had the other watch open to change the battery was when I found out that Im almost out of gaskets and I didnt take measurements of the channel when it was open.

Opening it up again means Im down to my last gasket (generally the gaskets dont survive being screwed down more than once or twice) ... If no one can answer this I'll just have to remember to get all the specs next time I have to change one of their batteries.

Might also be of note that when I say screwback I mean the hockypuck style like the DW5000/DW5200 or pretty much anything in my signature block. The only thing Im not 100% sure of, is are all of them the same gasket and interchangeable (in which case someone that had posted in the past that its a 35mm interior diameter for a screwback DW5600 was wrong or the G2000 is a diff size all together, which it may well be but again I wont be able to tell till the next time I open one of the G2000s to replace a battery ... I do have a "parts" DW5200 that I can measure since it was a restore project I never got around to)

I was just hoping someone already had the info handy... but these are getting to be VERY vintage so Im not surprised that no one has replied really :) as far as I know I have one of the most complete G2000 collections here but Im a complete animal cause I wear all mine, no safe queens in my collection. :D

Reactions: nigelw

·
Registered
238 Posts
Im not sure a photo would help, its just a round O-ring.

The problem being that when I had the other watch open to change the battery was when I found out that Im almost out of gaskets and I didnt take measurements of the channel when it was open.

Opening it up again means Im down to my last gasket (generally the gaskets dont survive being screwed down more than once or twice) ... If no one can answer this I'll just have to remember to get all the specs next time I have to change one of their batteries.

Might also be of note that when I say screwback I mean the hockypuck style like the DW5000/DW5200 or pretty much anything in my signature block. The only thing Im not 100% sure of, is are all of them the same gasket and interchangeable (in which case someone that had posted in the past that its a 35mm interior diameter for a screwback DW5600 was wrong or the G2000 is a diff size all together, which it may well be but again I wont be able to tell till the next time I open one of the G2000s to replace a battery ... I do have a "parts" DW5200 that I can measure since it was a restore project I never got around to)

I was just hoping someone already had the info handy... but these are getting to be VERY vintage so Im not surprised that no one has replied really :) as far as I know I have one of the most complete G2000 collections here but Im a complete animal cause I wear all mine, no safe queens in my collection. :D
Well if you post a diameter of the gasket I'll be happy to look around for you(or since it sounds like you can't, maybe someone else has a measurement). Anyways, is it really true that they only survive 1-2 screwdowns? I've opened my beater several times and I don't see any damage on the gasket. Is that a screwback only thing?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Also, I know a bunch of models with round o rings. DW5600c, DW5200C, etc. All have cheap gaskets available. I don't know, since it is so cheap maybe you should just order one or two and see if they fit next change. A ton of watches have round gaskets actually. Surely one would fit.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, but how do you know they will all need batteries? I have 12 G-2000's and only a few aren't on their original cell. I don't open mine unless they don't run. Cheers!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I wear one of my black ones most regularly, especially when I know Im going to do something that might damage a bezel (I have a few spares for the regular one). I use the timer, countdown timer and the light fairly regularly which tends to put me in replacing the battery every 3ish years. Since I just did the "beater" I gotta figure the others arent going to be to far behind, especially the Blue one that I usually dont even sleep in, cause I do stuff like leaving an alarm set for 0200 on a watch and not realizing it for a couple months cause it was always in the drawer when it was going off. I do have one battery thats lasted for at least 5 or 6 years now (I dont recall if I ever changed it since I had it) but thats my extra "standard" that I never wear, so I never use the features.

I should also add that I found that there can be a very big difference between real name brand batteries and cheaper no-names. When I did a check on my tester with this last batch before I put one in the watch I found that the 4 year old energizer battery had more charge in it than the 1 year old no name I had just gotten in a local store. The last time I changed the batteries I may well have put in cheaper ones. I didnt realize how big a difference it could make till just now, I can promise it will only be quality batteries from here on out :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have dw5600c and dw5200. I use 1mm x 34mm (inner diameter) o-ring. The gasket from pacparts is thinner, probably about 0.7mm.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Energizer is one of, if not, the best watch battery brand on the market, IMO. I see where more use would use more batteries, cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts