WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I ve got my first GSHOCK watch today. It is G2800. I loved it. It looks like a really solid watch. But I have a question:

I was looking to G2800 pictures on the internet and I saw there is a line at the behind of the numbers like a heart beat signal. What does it mean? In my one it is a straight line, why?

I couldn't find any info in the manual. I was wondering if some one can explain it to me, please?

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Greetings,

It doesn't appear to be functional. But it is a descriptive graphic. I've seen in it on various G-Shock models, but I can't read it in the images I found. May be some of the forum members that have the following model (G-100) can help you. It's more detailed on that model.

Click on the link and, once there, on "Larger View".

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/G100-1BV/

:) Have a nice day.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
On the G-100 it is purely decorative.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
I was looking to G2800 pictures on the internet and I saw there is a line at the behind of the numbers like a heart beat signal. What does it mean? In my one it is a straight line, why?
Hi Bone,

Actually that ECG- ine is purely decorative (like on the G-100 too). I think it looks very good actually, better than the models with the straight line. It gives the watch a more sporty look (many athletes and biker use HRMs, so I think it's a kind of wink to these kind of sporters).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for replies. I started to agree with you, it is just a decorative think. Because I couldn't find any information in the manual book. My one has a straight line. But in some models it looks like a wave, I thought maybe it is a kind of signal for recharging or solar energy level, but not. I hate the things that just symbolic. I am lucky, I don't have that symbol. I could hate my watch :)
The blue one is the same watch with my one, the right one is a different colour one. Maybe the blue colour models dont have that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If my very suspect memory is correct, I remember reading that it represents the G forces graphically that G Shock watches are designed to withstand.

On my MTG 512, it is part of the neon glow; it is an aqua color.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Hi Norm,

That's an excellent explenation. I guess you are right. An ECG looks indeed different and the impact of a G-Shock displayed graphical in G-Force and time is much more apropriate (spelling?) for a G-Shock dial. BTW, I love the Neon Illuminator;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a G-2800 , wear it for a week or too then it resets and I loose all my data stored on the watch its a real pain.The battery indicator seems full and it gets pleanty of sunlight , any comments would be great or has anyone else had similar problems , maybe its a faulty battery or watch its put me off solar power G Shocks !!!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Hello pogmo, and welcome to the forum. :)

It sounds like a poor battery connection. Is it still in warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No bought it in the States and I live in Europe so guess I was just unlucky got a faulty one . Did inquire about getting it looked at but would be as cheap to buy a new one !!
Think Ill just keep clear of solar in future

Thanks for reply

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yep, sounds like a connection problem. Did it say 'recover' or any other blinking display before it reset? Or was there any low-battery indication at all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
To be honest I didnt really notice because I was wearing it anytime it reset . There wasnt any low battery indicators it always reads full , but every so often it just resets itself .Brought it to a watch shop who told me if they sent it off to be checked it could cost €100 just bto open it needless to say that would buy a brand new one !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts