WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was walking around Taipei today and decided to venture off the main street into one of the many side streets. Saw this small watch show that carries many good brands and decided to see if they had any interesting G-Shocks. They had many really old G-Shocks as according to them, does not move too well. Anyway, saw the 5700 series (well actually 2 pieces, the other the white 25th Anniversary model) and this, G-5700L-1. Nice piece, mirror display and module much like the original version, i.e. dual time, etc. only think I did not like was the leather strap, although the metal keeper with the snowflake logo was way cool. price, nt3,300 (less then usd100).

So now my small collection have gone beyond the 5600 series.

Next thing I need is help from the gurus' in the forum. Please can I know the part number of the strap for this model or series. I want to replace the leather strap. The shop was not able to help me as they no longer distribute Casio and was clearing stock.

Additionally, can anyone provide more information on this particular model, e.g. year issued, special edition? collaboration edition?

Will post photos tonight.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Vintage,

Thank you

The translation of what the Japanese site says about this watch:

L.X of the street specification leather band series of G-SHOCK (l cross). Adopting the skin band which closely resembles the wristband. The rivet and playing ring, as for the mark which is stamped in the reverse side cover, it is something which was designed by the high butterfly Satoshi tree person of the designer and the metal-carving teacher of popularity brand L.S.D of the silver accessory. In addition, the tough leather which is superior in the worn and peel strength which is used for the soccer ball and the like is used to the combination skin of the band.

Watch issued June 2004

Picture of the logo on the metal keeper below.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Let me quote Cloverfield (the movie): :)

"It's alive!"

The date is June 11. Is your G5600 OK now, Buzzbait? :think:
The G-5700 remains dead, and in many pieces. That's just an old pic.

I do have plans for the G-5700 though. I bought a G-5600 last year, and it never gets any wrist time. I like the looks of the GW-5600 so much more, that the G-5600 just lives in a box. I think I'll attempt a brain transplant in the next couple of weeks, and move the G-5600 module to the G-5700. That would get a ton of wrist time. The G-5700 far eclipses the DW-5700 in terms of aesthetics. Every aspect of the G-5700 is in perfect proportion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts