WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Zero problems so far.
Been diving, in the mud, in the cold, under the tropics...
I call it a "zero drifter" as it keeps an incredible accuracy !
Great watch.|>|>|>

cheers
Nemo

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,449 Posts
Thats a very nice watch. :-!
Unfortunally my 7710 is not that accurate (about 10sec. fast per month).
Maybe i try to adjust it if i gain enough courage.:roll:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a picture with the G-Shock the G7710 replaced two years ago: a good old Raysman from 1998.
As you can notice the bezel on the raysman is FUBAR and it has been even it's second bezel...
Also it was its second band... I use my G-Shocks hard.b-)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Great watch.|>|>|>
i can only confirm this. i wore it once 4 weeks in a row and not one single second abberration during this time. so far it is my most accurate non-atomic watch.

cheers

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can only confirm this. i wore it once 4 weeks in a row and not one single second abberration during this time. so far it is my most accurate non-atomic watch.

cheers
So far my most accurate Casio !:-!

Also the plastics (band and case) seems to be very solid...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Zero problems so far.
Been diving, in the mud, in the cold, under the tropics...
Great watch.|>|>|>

cheers
Nemo
It's my most accurate non-atomic with a max deviation of +2/3 seconds a month. You say you've been diving with it, how deep did you go and did you use the buttons underwater? I ask because I am contemplating doing the same with mine next year and other opinions are great :-!.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's my most accurate non-atomic with a max deviation of +2/3 seconds a month. You say you've been diving with it, how deep did you go and did you use the buttons underwater? I ask because I am contemplating doing the same with mine next year and other opinions are great :-!.
I've been at 30 meters max with it.:p Mosty been around in a 10-15 meters depth. But now that you mention it, I did not fumble with the buttons that much. Often, I switch on "autolight", I start the chrono and go on the recall screen (I cannot stop the chrono anymore and I can see it) and forget about it...:roll:. Only once, in a night dive, I also forgot to switch the autolight on. So it meant going back to the first screen (beep beep beep bip), push the G button for around 7 sec with my nail and go back (beep beep) to the recall screen. So, I don't see any issues using the G7710 buttons underwater. Even with gloves on... It's a solid compact watch. Very low profile. Great watch. Very long band (I have improved it with two "duddas buckles" form a previous band of my citizen Aqualand:-! they are both visible in the first and last picture.))
What I like with that G-Shock is the simple fact to forget about scraping your watch on rocks or on your gear or on a hull. It's a very well protected piece of equipement.|> SO pushing the button is not an issue. Should it be ?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've been at 30 meters max with it.:p Mosty been around in a 10-15 meters depth. But now that you mention it, I did not fumble with the buttons that much. Often, I switch on "autolight", I start the chrono and go on the recall screen (I cannot stop the chrono anymore and I can see it) and forget about it...:roll:. Only once, in a night dive, I also forgot to switch the autolight on. So it meant going back to the first screen (beep beep beep bip), push the G button for around 7 sec with my nail and go back (beep beep) to the recall screen. So, I don't see any issues using the G7710 buttons underwater. Even with gloves on... It's a solid compact watch. Very low profile. Great watch. Very long band (I have improved it with some duddas form my citizen Aqualand:-!)
What I like with that G-Shock is the simple fact to forget about scraping your watch on rocks or on your gear or on a hull. It's a very well protected piece of equipement.|> SO pushing the button is not an issue. Should it be ?
Thanks a lot :D

I think i'll wear mine then, and most likely use it how you described with the recall, seems a good way to make sure it doesnt stop the stopwatch while i'm under. I think the auto light would also be a good way to stop unnecessary pressing too.

The buttons aren't an issue on these watches I don't think, but some watches i've had in the past have said not to use the buttons when immersed, but they weren't G's or as good as this either.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot :D

I think i'll wear mine then, and most likely use it how you described with the recall, seems a good way to make sure it doesnt stop the stopwatch while i'm under. I think the auto light would also be a good way to stop unnecessary pressing too.

The buttons aren't an issue on these watches I don't think, but some watches i've had in the past have said not to use the buttons when immersed, but they weren't G's or as good as this either.

I used to wear a Timex Iron Man "Data Link" (I forgot to put it in my list:-s)
it was a 100m WR and I used to dive with it and push (sometime) the buttons. No problem at all. And it was a great dive watch ! (Fugly but one of the best ergos I ever found in a watch and a great screen with indiglo and fluo digits!)
And tt was written in the manual not to push the button underwater...

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Sweet - congrats on 2 years of worry-free operation ;-):-!. I'm just considering getting my second G-7710 - already have the G-7710C-2 and want to buy the G-7710C-3 (as long as I can still get one - they seem to be getting rarer every day). However I looked at it today in a mall and I'm not yet sure about the color of the display - the contrast is very high but that greenish yellow :think: - have to sleep about it another day or two and then I'm gonna get it anyway :-d.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
nice to read the report. this really does seem like a solid watch that has some fans here. i bet casio will have a model in this vein - multiple precision stop watches on the main display - for quite a while. and it does indeed look like you really get your dollars worth from your g-shocks! :)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
However I looked at it today in a mall and I'm not yet sure about the color of the display - the contrast is very high but that greenish yellow :think: - have to sleep about it another day or two and then I'm gonna get it anyway :-d.
the display colour of the G-7710C-3ER is quite the opposite of stealthy, it gives your position at least three kilometers away...;-)

now that i got one for x-mas i can say this won't be one of my favorites, but will make a great wear at summertime. the colour of the bezel is something i haven't got used to for now, it looks like a mix of gold and brass, personally i would have prefered a straight black bezel. but other than that this is a great and fun watch (as all the G-77xx models).

cheers

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not that crazy about the 1/1000 chrono. This is an absurd showing off function and not the first G with that. (how a human could trigger a chrono with any accuracy, huh ?
For such a great display (three lines of 8 digits each !) I would have prefered a chrono with Days, hours, minutes, second countings ! And would have kept the current time on the first line.

BUT the LAP function on the chrono is a great function !
(When you push the split button, the chrono (3rd line) is reset and keep running but the sum on the upper line is incremented and the second line shows the lap.
This is such a great function for...
For example: cooking !!!
Imagine your 9 min ready pasta should have been cooked in 9 minutes.
You taste them..... nop. not ready yet. (Push the split button)
Now you a counting the time beyond the normal time to have them cooked !
For longer cooking the same goes with the Timers.
The second timer is set on hour and when the first is out, the second helps you to keep tracks on how much you are going to be late !!! :-!

That G is great in the kitchen ! |>

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good to know they hold up when used/abused as advertised!:-!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts