WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Florida based seller (thoand08) is new to selling on eBay. They have sold a number of G-Shock watches, labeled as "G-7900". However, features and design do not match up. They are more closely like a GW-7900, but if you compare the photos with what Casio website shows, it's start to be obvious that they are fakes. I almost made a mistake of buying one offered in a Casio box, thinking I was getting a deal from a seller misnaming a GW-7900 as a G-7900. Thankfully I noticed something wrong before I pulled the trigger ("MULTI BAND" should appear with a number like 5 or 6, but this one doesn't). Reported to eBay, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Example auctions: 170714338623, 170714975724.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This was regarding auctions from over 30 days ago. I had reported it to eBay and it looks like they have pulled them (good!). When I reported the fake to the seller, presuming that they didn't know, they said "oh sorry, we didn't know" but left the auctions going. I didn't follow up, but it could have been the buyers go duped and confirmed the fake reports I had made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts