WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G-9000 Mudman suddenly has two new screens - tide and moon! There's also another function to complete as part of the set-up - longitude. They have appeared after an unintentional battery reset (I had a stuck button and disassembled the watch, and must have reset the battery while playing around with it). I've done some digging on the forums and noticed another couple of users have have the same experience.

Does this mean the watch module itself has been damaged? Is there any way to make use of these extra functions? (My guess is not as the G-9000 does not have the correct display for these functions.)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a G-9000 but I just use it to tell time. The buttons are so %$&@ hard to push, I don't bother scrolling through the other screens and functions. God help me if I ever need to change time zones. 😄

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,289 Posts
There was a case many years ago documented here in this forum.
The agreed opinion here is that the G-9000 and G-9100 had the same basic software but are somehow set at the start/reset for one of each software mode.
So after a proper reset the watch should return into the proper G-9000 mode.

My G-9000 Mudman suddenly has two new screens - tide and moon! There's also another function to complete as part of the set-up - longitude. They have appeared after an unintentional battery reset (I had a stuck button and disassembled the watch, and must have reset the battery while playing around with it). I've done some digging on the forums and noticed another couple of users have have the same experience.

Does this mean the watch module itself has been damaged? Is there any way to make use of these extra functions? (My guess is not as the G-9000 does not have the correct display for these functions.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts