WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm becoming more intrigued by some of the older G-Shocks. I've got a GW-2500 on the way.

Now I'm curious about the "G-Cube" G-011D series.

Don't see much discussion about them here... even with a search of the archives.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'm becoming more intrigued by some of the older G-Shocks. I've got a GW-2500 on the way.

Now I'm curious about the "G-Cube" G-011D series.
View attachment 15631198

Don't see much discussion about them here... even with a search of the archives.
Got one years ago, like 4 out something, not working, fixed it restored it and gifted to my father, has seen some use this years, but it held up pretty good.
Personally I think it's a really well built watch, a part of being metal it's really shock resist, only downside it scratches quite easy!

Readability is not the best, those tinny LCDs for me almost useless, but it gives you a lot of info.

Has collector for me it's a must have, due to being totally different from any other G.

But prices are really high at the moment, I've paid 16€ for mine!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
If you are looking at old metal/resin G-Shocks, look at the MTG-520

This was an analog/digital watch that had neon illumination. It was not sold long in the USA but is a nice watch.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
ha! i was about to post, they pop up semi regularly here, usually for a good price. very cheap for the used ones.
i had one many years ago but it got very little wear, i wasnt a fan of the square face on an analog either.
theres not much talk about them cos they were never that popular (as mentioned, the small size and poor readability didnt help it case) but those that collect them are pretty diehard.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not seen this particular watch before now, looks very much like a MR-G model, and there's nothing wrong with that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts