1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Store: G-FACTORY SHEUNG WAN
Address: P1, CASEY BUILDING, 38 LOK KU ROAD, SHEUNG WAN, HONG KONG
Date: 01/26/2019

Here are some photos I took at the store last weekend, this is the most massive G-Shock store I've been to, lots of great pieces, some models were way overpriced and some were just normal original Japanese retail. I saw many discontinued models here.

I definitely recommend going here if you find yourself in Honk Kong.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Wow nice collection especially first photo some analog / giez models! It’s a shame when I lived there a few years back I was not as a big g shock fan as I am today otherwise I definitely would have visited the store.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
So many discontinued models. The Rasta G7600R-3 and the yellow G7600R-9. Some 056's and that GW-M5600KG-3.

And Good God Almighty some PRG-120's on the back row behind the PAW1200's.

Awesome!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice pics...thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Why are they so far away.... The part that bothers me is that, a few years back before really got interested in G's, they were sell so damn cheap, now, Jesus, worth way more then when they were new...
The gundam series, that's the pinnacle of the overpriced G's, and I would love to have only one!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. I went there a few years ago. I remember seeing some DW5600C and DW8140 varieties. But the price was around $HKD 4000. I wonder if they are still available. I have seen some old G's elsewhere in Kowloon area only to have the sign 'not for sale ' ;)

MI MAX 2 / Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
For OP, great post! Nice older models collection in that store. Is this newly opened or been there a long time?

Soooooo many cool G Shock places here in HK Sheung Wan just one of many
I have to agree with Deepsea here. Just G-Factory alone there are at least 5 or 6 in Hong Kong, Kowloon, and NT. Then there are countless, I mean it countless, smaller stores everywhere. It's amazing for the concentration of G-Shocks / Casio shops in such small region.

This one below I went to last year was in Yuen Long. Not as many older models though.
w2.jpg w3.jpg w4.jpg

G-FactoriesHK.jpg

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Somewhat OT.....once anchored my 700 foot American flag containership (empty) in Kowloon Bay at the end of the old KaiTak airport runway. Normally only fishing vessels anchor there, but our agent had “pull” so We could have watertaxi service to take us to the ferry dock so we could go shopping ashore. And what a shopping spree we had!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
beautiful! havent seen so many cockpit series together since the early 2000s!
cant wait to go back one day, just wish the flights were cheaper! can fly to japan for $600AU almost all year round but 3000km less to hk its around double the price! ):

·
Registered
345 Posts
beautiful! havent seen so many cockpit series together since the early 2000s!
cant wait to go back one day, just wish the flights were cheaper! can fly to japan for $600AU almost all year round but 3000km less to hk its around double the price! ):
I wonder why is it like that? Is it because more airlines going between Australia and Japan?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Somewhat OT.....once anchored my 700 foot American flag containership (empty) in Kowloon Bay at the end of the old KaiTak airport runway. Normally only fishing vessels anchor there, but our agent had “pull” so We could have watertaxi service to take us to the ferry dock so we could go shopping ashore. And what a shopping spree we had!
I missed days of the old Kai Tak. Yes, the new airport is bigger and better. But nothing like the charm of the old one, especially the noise and the thrill of planes touching the roof tops. ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts