WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning:-!

I am currently waiting on a Casio UK parts order to turn up, (well, 3-4-weeks wait!), to complete my DW-6600 restoration.

Basically I have another thread on the same watch, https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/dw-6600-parts-query-3598146.html, but felt it might be better to ask a specific question about it in a new thread.

One of the items on order is a grey light button, a DW-6900 item as obviously the original 6600 ones are discontinued. The "button assembly" on order is basically just the top plastic button pusher, it doesn't come as a "package" with stem/spring/o-rings or washer. This in itself isn't an issue as I kept those particular parts when I stripped the original case down to swap the bits into a better condition case kindly sent by f17 member idkfa.

Have any of you guys had experience of placing a new G button pusher onto the button stem at all? Am I correct in thinking from what I've seen of other G's I've stripped for parts that the top of the stem has a kind of ridge around it and the button pusher has a circular section that the stem "clips" or slides into? Is this an easy job or is a lot of care needed in order to not break the button pusher when getting it on the stem? Also is it best to get the pusher on the stem before putting the whole thing back in the case, or try to do it with the stem already in place?

Cheers as always,

Rick

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for that but unfortunately not quite the answer for me.

What I need to know is how to actually get a new G, (or EL), button top, or pusher, onto an existing button stem. The 6600 I'm restoring had a cracked and split button. I've ordered a new 6900 button but it's literally just the top plastic part, it doesn't come already attached to a stem so I have to get that piece onto the old stem I kept from the 6600.

Hope that makes sense?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts