WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've read that it's one watch per customer; I'll for sure be trying to get a DW-5000 and DW-5200 done anyhow. Shopping in Japan and Sakura have said they will get back to me on proxy shipping, Seiya has said they won't be able to assist. I have no expectation that a given distributor would help but I'm interested to see what SIJ and Sakura come back with.

FROG, who are you using? Tenso? forward2me? jpn-depot?

Also, will you be removing the screws before you ship it?

How are you managing the Casio payment?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am using Big in Japan ^_^

CASIO takes payment info online (credit card). You must create a CASIO Japan service account. They link the service information packing slip in your box with your online account.

I assume that once they receive the watch, they scan the packing slip so that they know where to send the repaired watch and to take payment.

I left the screws on the watch since they are the JIS cross head screws. These screws are easily available online, as opposed to the flathead screws.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice, and you just pay in USD? Any idea what your shipping back and forth will amount to yet?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Thanks for sharing your journey with this service @FROG. I just applied for Casio service on a DW-5600C-9V that I had received from Japan a few months ago. Needs a new battery and resin set so, I'll be sending this watch back to Japan for a bit freshening up. Other than cleaning the exterior and removing the old worn out battery, I haven't done anything else to the watch. I'll leave everything up to the experts at Casio, who will probably do a better job than me.

My plan is to use Tenso as a proxy since I already have an account with them.

By the way, did anyone notice that when registering there is a notification saying that due to the popularity of this service, there's a 3 month delay in getting the watch back?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts