WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,805 Posts
Some updated versions of existing squares, these are already listed on some European stores. That's right, GW-5000 comes officially to Europe!

What is "updated" about them? We don't know, some have guessed that the EL is changed to LED.

GW-5000U-1
View attachment 15961622
GW-M5610U-1
View attachment 15961626
GW-M5610U-1B
View attachment 15961627
I love the GW-5000 (as some may know lol) but I hope there's more to the update besides a LED light (I kinda liked the EL light). As is, it's a lil underwhelming.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
I love the 5000 and the 5610B so it's nice they are still making them, glad they avoided adding BT to them (personally not a fan)
Interested to find out what the little changes are exactly, led over EL might not be a the worst thing :unsure:
A GW-5000U-1B would be nice :p

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,805 Posts
I love the 5000 and the 5610B so it's nice they are still making them, glad they avoided adding BT to them (personally not a fan)
Interested to find out what the little changes are exactly, led over EL might not be a the worst thing :unsure:
A GW-5000U-1B would be nice :p
I might buy a negative display 5000U if the display was legible. Loved the old one but from what I saw in pics, the legibility wasn't good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might buy a negative display 5000U if the display was legible. Loved the old one but from what I saw in pics, the legibility wasn't good
In the past couple of years there has been a number of threads asking people how they would improve GW-5000. Some people said big buttons, other said STN display, other said sapphire, etc

I don't know if Casio listens or pays attention to forums. It would be pretty disappointing if they did a refresh after 12 years and didn't improve anything

·
Registered
195 Posts
B5000 model with purple bezel, purple & blue bracelet, "inspired by Tokyo Twilight". No further details.
View attachment 15961617
A must-have for Prince fans. Actually, I'm kinda digging it. The multi-color seems more subtle less over-the-top than on the tri-tixxi. Will be interested to see how they price it, considering it doesn't look to be titanium.

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
So I recently picked up GA2100-4A.... And love it. So I started browsing other colorways, as well as the metal case mods. Then I stumbled upon a "leak" of the GM2100.
Guess I'll just wait until the supposed August release, and skip the mod route.

Reactions: Dxnnis and Will666

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I can't help but think that maybe all my years of complaining about the solar squares drawbacks might have finally paid off 🤞

Let's see if the 'U'pdate involves
• Longer backlight option (3 sec please)
• Current time in CDT and Stopwatch mode
• Louder alarm/signal tone
• Buttons on the GW5000 are aren't a nightmare
• Solar panel tech that doesn't compromise the viewing angles

OH WAIT... GWB5600 solved these things already 🤣

CASIO, if you are reading this please go the EXTRA step and make the CDT set to seconds and add AUTO REPEAT. Hell, make them all STN LCDs while you're at it.

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
I can't help but think that maybe all my years of complaining about the solar squares drawbacks might have finally paid off 🤞

• Louder alarm/signal tone
• Buttons on the GW5000 are aren't a nightmare
• Solar panel tech that doesn't compromise the viewing angles

OH WAIT... GWB5600 solved these things already 🤣

CASIO, if you are reading this please go the EXTRA step and make the CDT set to seconds and add AUTO REPEAT. Hell, make them all STN LCDs while you're at it.
Give them all MIPs displays while they're at it

·
Registered
618 Posts
I can't help but think that maybe all my years of complaining about the solar squares drawbacks might have finally paid off ?

Yes, you can see it in the manual: https://support.casio.jp/storage/pdf/002/qw3496.pdf

Also there:

Set the seconds is there too:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts