WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi guys, I'm planning to order a g-shock watch and I really like the design of 5600 series.
I'm considering between these 2 models... My wrist is kinda small, about 5 inch so I'm wondering whether would it be too big for me, there isn't any shops selling G-shock watch near me so I couldn't go and try it out :(

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It would look big but not huge, it's a style and it depends if you like it. I find it cool on a girl.
As angrypossum wrote there are 5600 models in the BabyG collection. But if you prefer Gshock, you should know that the G5600 family wears a little smaller than the DW5600 family that I think you showed on the pics : the dimensions of most G models are 46.7 x 43.2 x 12.7mm / 50.5g , while the dimensions of a few new G and all DW models are 48.9 x 42.8 x 13.4mm / 54g.
For example of smaller G models, you have the G5600, GWM5600, and this one which looks like the one you like : the G5600KG-3 :
G5600KG-3 - G-Shock - G-Shock, Mens, Tough, Water Resistant, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think you should use the watch you like whatever your wrist size. Anyway, if you are concerned about how it will look on your small wrist, you should consider the stealthy one, it looks smaller as all things covered in black. ;-)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
my wife wears the parra.. i havn't measured her or my wrist tho..

5600 isn't 2 big.. it should fit fine, otherwise baby g has similar looking models.. think the models were BLX5600

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
second one, I like a girl wearing a Gshock 5600, rather than a BabyG, it shows that she is bold and nerdy-cool and a woman (instead of just being a pretty girl)

but then, BabyG is cute ...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I got my girlfriend a g-shock mini, she loves it, wish it had a couple more features though (like auto-el backlight, and one button touch 12/24hrs) She wears hers for working out and work (she's a nurse) here's a picture of her wearing the g-shock mini model: gmn691. Also, she has tried on some of my 5600's and thinks the size is fine. The width of the g-shock mini is 42mm and the 5600 is 43mm, so they're basically the same size. She has small wrists too around 5inches as well. Here's a pic of her wearing the mini before going on a run. Hopefully this will give you some perspective of the size. By the way, check out g-shock minis, although they're slightly overpriced sometimes, they are far better watches in my opinion that baby g's.
gmini691.jpg

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I would recommend the 5600BB, it is very cool. Also, I see girls who don't like the baby G just buy regular G-shocks. Maybe buy it from a place that has a good return policy in case you do not like it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My girlfriend has a really small wrist, and she only likes 5600. She don't like baby g's.

In my oppinion they look great on her.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i love that watch. It's on my "to get list" they have a pink one of those that's more common, I tried get it for my girlfriend, but she didn't want it, bc her g-shock mini is pretty much the same color.

·
Registered
105 Posts
take a look at the glx5600 series.
there are some nice colors and the quality is way up there.
i have small wrists and they are quite a bit smaller than the normal dw5600. the display is a bit better, too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i think it'll look fine.

Reactions: freeman

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah, GW-M5610TH-1JR is right. its the hundreds collaboration watch with g-shock. really hard to find at a reasonable price though.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i've decided to go ahead and order it! :)
Cool, the squares (5600/5000) are my favorites and there are so many color combinations, although I typically only wear the black with positive display ones.. The hundreds tends to pop up in the forums not too off from msrp other than that there should be plenty on ebay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts