WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now getting interested in a 7700 or 7710-1ER.

Two quick questions:

1. What's the difference between the 7700 and the 7710 series besides the design?

2. Regarding the 7710-1ER what's your experience with the inverted/negative display? I can see (from previous threads) that the contrast is adjustable. How is it to read the display in either a very sunny or dark/dusk environment.

Other comments on the watches are also very welcome.

All the best

Prosit

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The only difference is the design, the functions are the same.

I think it's fair to say all negative displays are harder to read in low light than normal displays. I would always go with a normal display when legibility is important.

The 7700/7710 has a great module, and IIRC can show three time zones at the same time.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,446 Posts
Additional to Lexxorcists comments:

There is a world time mode in the module with up to 3 zones at once displayed.
But you can also display a second time zone in the timekeeping mode.
The watch is rather small for a G-Shock and will fit nice under a sleeve.

The only bad thing:
The digits in the display are rather small.
The digits i.e. of the G-8000 are much larger (can also diplay 2 time zones at once)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I really like the flexibility of the alarms. They can be set to go off once, daily, weekend or weekday. Unfortunately they cannot be set for a specific date. The two CDTs are nice as well.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Available in many cool colors too. I like the greens. I only owned one negative display watch and have since sold it. Just too dark for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Available in many cool colors too. I like the greens. I only owned one negative display watch and have since sold it. Just too dark for me.

Hey natornate, just noticed your green luminox dont think i have seen that color. how do you like it.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Hey natornate, just noticed your green luminox dont think i have seen that color. how do you like it.
I like it a lot. Got a blue one as well. Plan is to get yellow, orange and white as well to share with my two sons, my father and brother. I like that they are quite large vs the first Luminox I had. It's about as big as my PAW-1300T actually. It keeps about the best time of any of my non-atomic watches. Very accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts