WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i say this because the cost of this small antenna that's placed in your watch prolly costs g-shock around 25 cents to buy in bulk...this kind of tech is very cheap....yet as an up sell they charge hundreds of dollars extra for it in some models..and more than half in lower priced models.

the whole atomic thing is unnecessary.... yeah, sure it's a cool feature and all but it's something that should be standard on all their watches not watches that they choose to rape you on in pricing......and if your digital watch cannot keep accurate time +/- a few seconds you have to get rid of it anyway......lol @ needing your watch to reset to the atomic clock everyday when it's within seconds all the time.

i mean..if this feature was so valuable and such a great useful upgrade to your frogman or other g-shock that they charge double for, than why does casio have it in their <$25 wave ceptor watch on amazon.

not only is a cheap add on but casio has managed to snowball most of the collectors that it's actually worth something more than what it is. i wouldn't even call casio great marketiers...quite a bit of the hobby is made up of gullible consumers. which in turn lead to big profits..

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Nice rant, but it's not something new, just your opinion. Atomic is not neccessary for a digital watch, they are accurate as is, but it's nice feature to have in the long run. Some gshocks start gaining few seconds as they get older, some loose.

Most people that buy g-shocks are just normal people that want a durable watch, I would say people like us, watch collectors, are just a small percentage of total Casio customers, most people think even $100 is a lot for a watch, same goes for having 2 or more watches.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
This is all true, but if people are willing to pay more for a watch that never needs to be set or adjusted and is always within a second of where it should be, casio can charge what the market will bear

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,593 Posts
Casio atomic watches start at 50$ and atomic Gs (digital or ana-digi) start at 100$.
These prices should make the watches available to many people of the world (see the amaounts of posts in this forum compared to other brand forums).

If you pay more then you are looking for special desings or additional functionality.

·
Registered
980 Posts

i say this because the cost of this small antenna that's placed in your watch prolly costs g-shock around 25 cents to buy in bulk...this kind of tech is very cheap....yet as an up sell they charge hundreds of dollars extra for it in some models..and more than half in lower priced models.

the whole atomic thing is unnecessary.... yeah, sure it's a cool feature and all but it's something that should be standard on all their watches not watches that they choose to rape you on in pricing......and if your digital watch cannot keep accurate time +/- a few seconds you have to get rid of it anyway......lol @ needing your watch to reset to the atomic clock everyday when it's within seconds all the time.

i mean..if this feature was so valuable and such a great useful upgrade to your frogman or other g-shock that they charge double for, than why does casio have it in their <$25 wave ceptor watch on amazon.

not only is a cheap add on but casio has managed to snowball most of the collectors that it's actually worth something more than what it is. i wouldn't even call casio great marketiers...quite a bit of the hobby is made up of gullible consumers. which in turn lead to big profits..
OK.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that Casio sometimes keeps the solar and atomic (i.e. GW) version of a watch exclusively for the Japanese market. This is the case with the G(W)-9300 and G(W)X-56, for example. The 9300 also come with a carbon fibre band, adding to the asking price (probably costs 25 cents, but they have shareholders you know).

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
go make your own watch to make some money ???? LOLz

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Nice rant, but it's not something new, just your opinion. Atomic is not neccessary for a digital watch, they are accurate as is, but it's nice feature to have in the long run. Some gshocks start gaining few seconds as they get older, some loose.

Most people that buy g-shocks are just normal people that want a durable watch, I would say people like us, watch collectors, are just a small percentage of total Casio customers, most people think even $100 is a lot for a watch, same goes for having 2 or more watches.
reminds me when i bought two well used G's. one of them is either losing a seconds every four day or the other one that's gaining. now that's not really bad accuracy... until they're not beeping synchronyzedly every hour anymore. now THAT turns me mad LOL. which is why it's nice having your watch adjusted every night....

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
According to Amazon, there's only a one dollar difference between the "suggested retail prices" of the solar-only G-6900 and the solar/atomic GW-6900.

Because of supply and demand, the actual price of the "more expensive" atomic version is a dollar or so CHEAPER here in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Mens-G-Shock-Watch-G6900-1/dp/B002GU5I54

Amazon.com: Casio Men's GW6900-1 "G-Shock" Tough Solar Digital Sport Watch: Casio G-Shock: Watches

I can't find an MRSP on Amazon for the solar-only G-5600, but when comparing actual prices, the solar/atomic GW-M5610 only costs six cents more! :-d If someone lives in one of the many places across the globe where they can regularly get a radio signal, it's probably worth six cents to never have to adjust their watch for 15 or 20 years. :-!

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-GWM5610...&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=g5600+casio+solar

Amazon.com: Casio G-5600E-1JF G-SHOCK Tough Solar Watch: Clothing

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
You can get a GWM500 for as low as $60USD, and it's solar atomic! Upsell, not much.

Yes, for now this technology is well matured and cost is lowered. But at its inception, it's a remarkable engineering achievement to do something like that in the size of a wrist watch. Especially, Casio was the pioneer of combining both the solar rechargeable and the atomic time reception capabilities together. They're still the watch maker with the best implementations of solar atomic wrist watches, today.

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
here you go.

this Casio features multi-band atomic timekeeping @ $23

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-WV58A-1AVCR-Waveceptor-Atomic-Digital/dp/B001A5LKAS
then buy it. simple |>

would love to hear what you think of apple products :-!

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is not about ,the use of the functions, butt just knowing the function is there, and how they can put so much ****ty tech into a small watch

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts