WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

At a yard sale yesterday I was given the following "G-Shock" as part of a trade (no box, no papers). Now I brought what I thought was a clean & interesting new watch home but when I started tinkering with it, I thought that I'd look it up online. After having done some preliminary research, I can't seem to find any information about this model.

The pics below show that it claims to be a Bathing Ape but....When I look at the back, some of the wording is a bit suspect and more importantly, the model number on the back of the watch doesn't match up with anything that I can find on the web. So your insights would be appreciated.

The caseback says the following.
(outer circle of text)
WATER RESIST 20BAR AQUA SPORT DW-5600VT STAINLESS STEEL BACK JAPAN Y
(inner circle of text)
TIME 2 GETIL!! TIME 4 SUM AKSION!! TIME IS MONEY!!!
(in center of caseback)
A stamped profile of a monkey/ape head

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Bad fake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya know what? I'm gonna keep it as a good luck charm. I could've actually spent money on this thing and I didn't so.....Plus, you have to admire the audacity of the person who cobbled this together muttering to themselves..."Yeah, this'll pass a casual look...".

And hey, it's one more fake off the market.

Reactions: ericng79

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Well, that's one way of taking lemons and making lemonade. A fake as a good luck charm! I've never heard of that, but I like your attitude

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ya know what? I'm gonna keep it as a good luck charm. I could've actually spent money on this thing and I didn't so.....Plus, you have to admire the audacity of the person who cobbled this together muttering to themselves..."Yeah, this'll pass a casual look...".

And hey, it's one more fake off the market.
I couldn't do it. I have very strong feelings about fakes and I presume you swapped something of some value for the other guy to have put a "Bape" x G-Shock up as a trade?

If you're not concerned about getting your money back and it's important to have one less fake in the world I would be inclined to incinerate it!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I just hope you didn't trade a genuine G-Shock for that knock-off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that's one way of taking lemons and making lemonade. A fake as a good luck charm! I've never heard of that, but I like your attitude
B-)

Plus, I've still got a few other toys, though nothing like some of the people on here.

I'm still in the market for a really solid (and affordable) ABC watch that is built like a tank. My Suunto is great and has done yeoman's duty for years as one of my daily "beaters" but the more I research on here, the more I'm convinced that I'm in need of either a newer Suunto (Core Crush look promising) or one of the Frogs or Pro-Treks as suggested in this post.

I've enjoyed my time here, I only wish the bank account would let me indulge a bit more !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a Garage sale so if I recall correctly, he got a used queen sized air-mattress and I got $50 + the BAPE fake...
Hey, I'm not complaining. The mattress had a leak and I got $50 and a paperweight for it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts