WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all, I couldn't find a thread related to my question so here goes:

Is it possible to modify by changing or adding to the color scheme of your original bezel & nbands? :think:

For example: If I had a set of resins in white color and wanted them to look like woodland camouflage configuration/color, can it be done? :think:

What 'paints' can be used? And any processes/ treatments involved? :think:

Anybody? Sjors, have you tried it on any spare or broken resins?

:thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Sparky, sure, why not do your own modifications.. All u need is patience and creativity.. Here's my 'Brazillian 8200 wannabe Frog'..:-D Just a normal acrylic epoxy spray paint from any DIY store will do the trick.. Good Luck!..

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hi Sparky, sure, why not do your own modifications.. All u need is patience and creativity.. Here's my 'Brazillian 8200 wannabe Frog'..:-D Just a normal acrylic epoxy spray paint from any DIY store will do the trick.. Good Luck!..

Hi G-Wiz,

This is extremely well done|>. How did you do it???

cheers~
SKy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! :-! That is a really nice mod! Exactly what I was thinking of doing!

So now you have to tell us all how you did it:

1. Acrylic epoxy spray paint? So it has to be sepcifically this type, right?

2. Duration of project? Drying time?

3. Did you use any particular "masking"? Tape? Paper?

4. Any special coatings applied after the mod to preserve the coloring? some clear acrylic perhaps?

Thanks for sharing! :gold

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Guys! here's how i go about doin it.. I'm just an amateur, so it's not as good as the real thang..:)

Here's wat u need.. A normal can of spray paint, should be available at any DIY store..Preferably a plastic masking tape, i'm using a 3M tape, the best, stretchable..A small scissors and a used band for trial..:)

Cut a small portion of the tape and shape it to the design that u desire.. Small scissors are easy around bends..

Paste it on the band according to your preferred design..

For best results, spray lightly on the band creating the shade if you want multiple colors.. I'm using black as one of the colors..

Then i add blue in between the shade of black..

Leave it to dry for about half n hour.. For this one, i paint it too much that the shade wouldn't be that visible..:oops: But i'm sure u guys are more creative than me..:) It is not advisable to add a layer of lacquer over it cos it will crack when it bends..Will create an ugly band instead..:-D
Then, use a tweezer and peel off the tape..

There u have it, your own Jammin band.. Same goes for the bezel, make sure it sticks and covers every corner to give it a cool finishing.. Now, go get the stuff and try it out..! Good luck guys!:thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! :-! Thanks again G-wiz, I'm now trying to find the right Camouflage Configuration for the white set I just bought. Should be arriving soon.

I'm thinking the new Tiger-Stripe config from Tru-Spec. The one the LAPD-SWAT use for day-wear uniform, looks really cool. Kinda greyish-black and brown. It may get a bit complicated with all the color schemes, but I'm gonna set aside at least 3-days just for this little project, hehe. I got some vactation time on my hands just before X'mas.

Cheers:gold

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Guys! here's how i go about doin it.. I'm just an amateur, so it's not as good as the real thang..:)

Here's wat u need.. A normal can of spray paint, should be available at any DIY store..Preferably a plastic masking tape, i'm using a 3M tape, the best, stretchable..A small scissors and a used band for trial..:)

Cut a small portion of the tape and shape it to the design that u desire.. Small scissors are easy around bends..

Paste it on the band according to your preferred design..

For best results, spray lightly on the band creating the shade if you want multiple colors.. I'm using black as one of the colors..

Then i add blue in between the shade of black..

Leave it to dry for about half n hour.. For this one, i paint it too much that the shade wouldn't be that visible..:oops: But i'm sure u guys are more creative than me..:) It is not advisable to add a layer of lacquer over it cos it will crack when it bends..Will create an ugly band instead..:-D
Then, use a tweezer and peel off the tape..

There u have it, your own Jammin band.. Same goes for the bezel, make sure it sticks and covers every corner to give it a cool finishing.. Now, go get the stuff and try it out..! Good luck guys!:thanks

First, what type of spray you use
Second, is it stick well? Wont it sticky?
Sorry for bad english
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts