WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a rating of 2.6 on 5 (for the Android version) this application is not flawless.

Tonight my B5000 was refusing to find my phone and then could not connect.
After de-pairing the watch and de-installing the app it now works again.
But I have been fumbling for 15 minutes (starting the phone again for example) before being able to repair the connection.

Also for the GPS triggering (like for the GPW2000, the B5000 or even the new Rangeman) there is no way to use our data out of the app: meaning no sharing with other apps like Maps, Citymapper or anything to justify the use of it.

I think Casio should work more on the usability and less on the "look" of it. G-Shock are tool watches and need an application with the same purpose.

So what is your experience with the G-Shock Connected App ?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
So far works well with GMW B5000 but 3D maps for Rangeman do not. They did work some time ago though. And yes, no maps sharing at all. Far from perfect but I hope Casio will work it out soon.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My first connected G-Shock was a GBX6900. Enjoyed its features, but the constant connecting/disconnecting was a deal-breaker. More recently my GPW2000 has underwhelmed me with its connected functionality. Didn't expect music control, but phone finder would have been nice. I agree Casio seems to spend more effort on presentation than function.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's working great for me so far. I have the gmw-b5000 and the gw-b5600 both paired to the same phone. Syncing works fine and I haven't experienced any premature dropouts.

Only thing I hope casio could do would be to optimise the app. It has quite high usage on the battery. Also it would be nice to have notifications only when the watch is connected instead of showing "waiting for connection" all the time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The app won't work at all in Android 8+ devices, tried on 3 different phones, won't work.

I tried the app in an iPhone 6S and it worked but the functionality was unreliable, the watch failed to connect with the app most times. I would give this app a 2 if it worked on Android 8+ since it does not I give it a 0 rating, don't recommend it at all.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The app won't work at all in Android 8+ devices, tried on 3 different phones, won't work.

I tried the app in an iPhone 6S and it worked but the functionality was unreliable, the watch failed to connect with the app most times. I would give this app a 2 if it worked on Android 8+ since it does not I give it a 0 rating, don't recommend it at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
iOS user here. I use G-Shock Connected with my GPR-B1000. I've gone on and on about G-Shock Connected long enough that most readers would be sick to death of reading what I think. It's buggy, has spelling and grammatical errors, is a resource hog and generally a total millstone around the neck of the excellent Rangeman (which I love). I could write a laundry list of annoyances, easily implemented improvements, glaring omissions (You can't delete a GPX file, you can't export a GPX file, you can't export Points, the mapping is absolutely pathetic .... SOMEBODY STOP ME:) and general frustrations. The Rangeman deserves better, much better.
Mike

·
Registered
990 Posts
I am using it with the GR-B100. First, the phone finder does not seem to work well.

Now to functionality issues, for me, many of these centre around the alarms. The first is the need to sync each time a change is made. I would like to see a batch change.

I would also like to see the ability to replace the individual alarm settings with alarm groups. It would look the same on the watch, but instead of Alarm 2, it would he Alarm Group 2. On the phone I would have the ability to Put a large number of alarms into that group. As an example, I would like about eight alarms (at specific times on) monday through thursday. They would be in Group Two. On Friday I want the same number, but at different times, so I would turn off group two, and turn on group three, that has my friday alarms.

This would be a useful bit of functionality for an admittedly small group of people. Most people would probably have one alarm in each group, or put all of their alarms in one group, so they only have one thing to turn off for the weekend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The state of the companion app is one of the top reasons why I'm personally not interested in the new bluetooth squares, for example. IF there was a bluetooth enabled (square) G-Shock that I considered, I would like the app to be sleek and functional and trustworthy, something that "just works" instead of being so hit and miss, and it should do so with the same grace and dependability the watch itself has. I would also like its features to be designed in a more sensible way, given that the actual tech is already in place to provide a low-power bluetooth link between the watch and the mobile device; the possibilities exceed what is on offer here, and what is on offer isn't realized that well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
App seems ok. It's good for syncing the time since we don't get any of the signals in Hawaii. The only problem I have is shutting the app down; I have to go to the app settings and force a shut down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,

GMW B5000 user here. The watch could only update time via BT if the app was open and in use. When the phone screen was locked or I minimized the app it didn't sync (Android 8.0). Then after some time, might be phone update, it ca update time when the screen is locked and app not in use.

When I was buying the watch, BT was something nice to have, but MB6 was the main feature to me for updating time. I'm really suprised that Casio released their app with so many bugs. Looking at all those isssues, BT features sometimes work, sometimes don't so basically the product doesn't work as advertised so should be fixed by Casio.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have 4 x GMW-B5000 and one GW-B5600 and wear them one by one over the month - no problem at all - choose the watch you wear - connetc once and than it works without problems until I choose the next ...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts