WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I'm relatively new to the G-Shock world. Only had them as a kid and recently picked the model in the title up. So far, I am loving the comfort on the wrist and the tapering bracelet. I'm surprised it doesn't pull hairs as many cheaper watches do! Overall, very good design. It's robust, stylish, and classic. You really can't ask for much more.

However, that being said, my question is how long does the battery last when using the watch? I use the chronograph function about once a day for 45 minutes during my run. After that, I am mainly indoors and I find that within a day or two I get a flashing LOW battery indicator on the upper right block of the negative LCD screen. Is this normal? If not, what is around the time frame that y'all get before getting a low battery warning?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats on picking up a wonderful G-shock!
The batter should definitely last a lot longer, I use the ones I have to run a 1 hour countdown timer or a 1 hour stop watch when I'm taking a lunch break and they have never lost enough power to be low.
I don't have that exact module but I think you can check the charge level through the app on those, make sure it's charged well into the "High" range which may take a sold day or 2 of outdoor light (see recent threads about charging solar watches). You can also check the manual (also available on the G-shock website) for approximate times to fully charge the battery.
Hope that helps you love it more!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on picking up a wonderful G-shock!
The batter should definitely last a lot longer, I use the ones I have to run a 1 hour countdown timer or a 1 hour stop watch when I'm taking a lunch break and they have never lost enough power to be low.
I don't have that exact module but I think you can check the charge level through the app on those, make sure it's charged well into the "High" range which may take a sold day or 2 of outdoor light (see recent threads about charging solar watches). You can also check the manual (also available on the G-shock website) for approximate times to fully charge the battery.
Hope that helps you love it more!
Thank you! I looked at the charging table via the manual and looks like it'll need 45 hours in solid sunny daylight. That's a lot! I put it out in the lawn, lets hope the dog doesn't eat it...LOL.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thank you! I looked at the charging table via the manual and looks like it'll need 45 hours in solid sunny daylight. That's a lot! I put it out in the lawn, lets hope the dog doesn't eat it...LOL.
How long have you had it? Chances are it's just low 'cause it's new and/or been sitting in a dark box for a few months. Once you get the battery level up it'll stay up as long as you're wearing the watch fairly regularly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long have you had it? Chances are it's just low 'cause it's new and/or been sitting in a dark box for a few months. Once you get the battery level up it'll stay up as long as you're wearing the watch fairly regularly.
I bought it pre-owned from this forums but it was basically new. The guy I bought it from didn't really wear it either. I've had it about a month now and usually a 16233 DJ36 is on my wrist.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I bought it pre-owned from this forums but it was basically new. The guy I bought it from didn't really wear it either. I've had it about a month now and usually a 16233 DJ36 is on my wrist.
Gotcha. Well when you're not wearing it, leave it laying around where it can get some light, preferably sunlight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
5 years, at least.

Cost about $10 to have a someone change it, or buy 200 variety pack of batteries on eBay for $20-30 and do every watch you own, and your friends.

If you can turn a screw driver or open a can of paint, you can change a battery in 90% of quartz watches.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
don't leave it under direct sun it may overheat.
you need to charge it to full and than it all fine.
things like dashboard can kill the watch.
When it on your wrist it cooled by your body to reasonable operating temperature. Under direct sunlight it can heat up to 50-60C and on dashboard or some similar enclosed and under direct sun... it can be even more.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would perform a factory reset to clear any existing bluetooth pair (so the watch does not waste power trying to pair to a non-existent phone).

For a short time (~1 week) avoid using the alarm, backlight, atomic sync (disable these things if necessary). Simply to help it charge quicker.
Give it some wrist time while walking outdoors, leave it facing a window for some hours every day, ensure it is not covered by a sleeve at other times. I would not go to crazy lengths (outdoors in a glass of water!) personally as I feel it is unnecessary.

Once it is fully charged, enable/disable those features to your own preference. I have never seen Low warning on mine, ever.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Did you ever check the battery level with the app? Probably it was relatively low when you bought it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My GWG1000 Mudmaster arrived charged to only medium. Even after several hours under LED lights it was still only medium. The next day I went for an hour and a half walk and the watch charged to full in that time. It has never dropped below full since. I do keep it in a glass lid case that is lit by LED lights about 10" to 12" away, so while it appears the LEDs were not enough to fully charge it they do keep it at the full level.

·
Registered
346 Posts
5 years, at least.

Cost about $10 to have a someone change it, or buy 200 variety pack of batteries on eBay for $20-30 and do every watch you own, and your friends.

If you can turn a screw driver or open a can of paint, you can change a battery in 90% of quartz watches.
It´s a solar movement, why buy batteries when you can just give it some light?

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I got my GMW-5000 It was sitting around the half way mark for ages. I wasnt going outside and the light through the window was just keeping it at the same level. I took it outside on a sunny day and it was almost fully charged with around 1 hour of sunlight. Direct sunlight is best as opposed through a window as that cuts down the Lux.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts