Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello G-Shock fans,

I am not the biggest fan of digital only watches (please don't hate ;-)), but this watch really surprised me as being something incredible especially for the price!

Check out my unboxing and review here on my blog - G-Shock DW-5600E Unboxing and Review - TheWatchFace

Just wanted to share my thoughts with the community, and please be sure to let me know what you think!

·
Premium Member
8,546 Posts
Very nice review! I did not know it was NASA-certified, that's cool to know.

I picked up one of these for one of the special Black Friday deals and only paid $27 for it. What you get for such a small amount of money is incredible. :-! Casio did a great job here.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice review! I did not know it was NASA-certified, that's cool to know.

I picked up one of these for one of the special Black Friday deals and only paid $27 for it. What you get for such a small amount of money is incredible. :-! Casio did a great job here.

Thank you! :)

Wow, lucky you!!! Yeah even at retail price it's really worth it :)

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Simple and straightforward review; good job! I still have mine which I bought 4 years ago. It is one the most comfortable digital watches I own.

·
Registered
36,280 Posts
Nice review of an icon, but the true homage to the screwback 5600C is....

From Wornandwound

"For the exact opposite of value, but for true excessive watch nerd pleasure, I’ll introduce the Japan-only GW-5000, which is a modern tribute to the very first G-Shock model, the DW5000, which came to market in 1983.

The $325 GW-5000 looks like any $40 “square” G you can buy at Wal-Mart, and that’s its beauty. Only the wearer knows it has a metal case, a DLC’d screwdown caseback, solar and atomic features and a softer resin case and band.

Is it overpriced? Of course.
Is it awesome in its ridiculousness? Of course.

Non-watch people will think you are an idiot for paying over $300 for a plain G-Shock that you have to order from Japan. But that’s why they are non-watch people."

GW-5000 DLC

https://geeklounge.wordpress.com/tag/gw-5000-1jf/

https://www.watchuseek.com/f105/review-psychology-casio-gw-5000-a-543392.html

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simple and straightforward review; good job! I still have mine which I bought 4 years ago. It is one the most comfortable digital watches I own.
Thanks!!

Awesome! Yeah it is super comfortable and quite small for a G-Shock for sure!

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice review of an icon, but the true homage to the screwback 5600C is....

From Wornandwound

"For the exact opposite of value, but for true excessive watch nerd pleasure, I’ll introduce the Japan-only GW-5000, which is a modern tribute to the very first G-Shock model, the DW5000, which came to market in 1983.

The $325 GW-5000 looks like any $40 “square” G you can buy at Wal-Mart, and that’s its beauty. Only the wearer knows it has a metal case, a DLC’d screwdown caseback, solar and atomic features and a softer resin case and band.

Is it overpriced? Of course.
Is it awesome in its ridiculousness? Of course.

Non-watch people will think you are an idiot for paying over $300 for a plain G-Shock that you have to order from Japan. But that’s why they are non-watch people."

GW-5000 DLC

https://geeklounge.wordpress.com/tag/gw-5000-1jf/

https://www.watchuseek.com/f105/review-psychology-casio-gw-5000-a-543392.html
Very nice! Haven't heard of that one before...

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Comparing the 5600E to the huge X6900 is meaningless.

GW-056, smallest, thinnest G-Shock ever made

With GW-5000

Nice!! Haven't heard of that one before but it looks interesting :)

Thanks for the comment!

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Thanks to kaj's blog, I have now impulsively purchased one of these off eBay! I shall be receiving it within 6 days.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
I shall be sure to post pictures and my thoughts on this Watch, after I have received it. :)

Awesome, Dan! You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
12,207 Posts

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
It will have to fit in with my current collection, most of which I have not worn for months and months and months!

Attachments

Reactions: Crater and khbk
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.