WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in USA this summer and bought two G-shock's. Super stocked, really nice watches, already have an old GA-100G very stable watch. So the DW6900 is very new to me.

Now to the problem; it has gone all black after a month (I haven't really used it that much yet), so I thought it had to be the battery. But then I of course tried the illumination button, and I it lit up a bit. But not much and the digits weren't really readable, and the circles that used to count seconds doesn't seem to work either. When I press the different buttons it still "beeps". What is the problem? Is the display already broken? As I texted earlier, I haven't really used it and I can guarantee that it hasn't been exposed to any blows or impacts. It kinda just died.

I really like the watch. Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be? I would really appreciate som help.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It doesn't sound like the usual battery fault, is it a negative display? Have you got any pictures so we can see what you mean by "gone all black"?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
yeah, picture would be great, so I can tell which exact model it is. Maybe it's a solar g-shock. If you can't upload any pictures, can you at least tell us exactly what model number it is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
watchma: But isn't it a bit early to dry out a battery? One month? Then it would have to be activated while lying in the shop, that could might be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dobber72: I'll upload some pics as soon as possible. And by black, I mean all black. Have been in a totally dark room, you can't see the display unless you use the illumination function. Weird!

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
batteries aren't perfect, it could have failed, but so could have the watch.
It's one or the other though and you'll only know by elimination

but battery first (only) non warranty thing to check before using warranty to sort the problem out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I guess you're right. But why does the illumination work then? It really bugs me. And the beep sounds. But on the otherhand the illumination doesn't work all the time, it has to kind of "reload" and then you can light it up again. So weird. But the biggest problem is that I'm from Denmark and it would cost a lot of money to ship it back to the States and also it would take a lot of time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts