1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Japan site has updated:

feb 1.png

feb 2.png

POLL: I've decided to include a poll in these monthly release updates just to see what's popular on the forum. It doesn't have to be something you will buy, just the one which you think looks good.

Source: http://casio.jp/wat/search/new_products/

thought's on this months releases? what you guys going for?

·
Registered
840 Posts
The blue GA-1100 looks pretty interesting to me.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too liked the DC-2 denim...but just recovering from a massive customs shock, paying almost $170 for a $100 D5600P. I'll let it pass.
I'm still recovering from customs abuse as well.. They got me good on those Cupcake 6900's.. I wont be importing much this year. They got this new stupid KYC thing where you have to submit your pan card, passport scans etc.. So they can keep track of what your ordering. Huge pain..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Great stuff again Starscream, thanks!

Love AWGs so voted for that one. Lots of versions of the AWGs exist, this makes another flavor, which is great for those that like AWGs.

My collection of AWGs will be nearly full when my new purchase arrives next week. So won't be picking up this color personally.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
As always thanks for all the new release info, Starscream!

The Blue positive AWGM100 and the GA1100 caught my eyes too, but no plan to buy in any hurry. From the http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-shock-november-2015-releases-2527818.html you posted, the 3 new AWGM's there, are still JDM exclusive and they are selling for outrageous prices. Outrageous consider how many years the AWGM100's already been out. For the GA1100, that's the first positive model AFAIK, but I think the current green-black or white-black models are still less cluttered on the watch face. Need to see more high res pics of it, before I can tell better.

Oh, to add, I think Casio really went out ideas for the GWM500... Instead of releasing some random colors, why don't they just put out a simple all black positive version, or better yet make a version of its cousin MTGM900 in all black positive. In another word, re-releasing the beloved MTG-910 as MTGM-910, so enthusiasts don't need to mod their own!

Reactions: starscream

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I'm still recovering from customs abuse as well.. They got me good on those Cupcake 6900's.. I wont be importing much this year. They got this new stupid KYC thing where you have to submit your pan card, passport scans etc.. So they can keep track of what your ordering. Huge pain..
Yes, I've been told about that KYC nonsense too. Apparently private shipments through DHL and buying from Amazon/Ebay globalship programs are still safe but you have to pay through your ears. Either ways, it's we, the end users who're at loss. I am also cutting down on imports but I'm still hoping to get a couple of vintages - used ones usually come through without much suspicion and individual sellers attract less attention than commercial stores like Rakuten.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I've been told about that KYC nonsense too. Apparently private shipments through DHL and buying from Amazon/Ebay globalship programs are still safe but you have to pay through your ears. Either ways, it's we, the end users who're at loss. I am also cutting down on imports but I'm still hoping to get a couple of vintages - used ones usually come through without much suspicion and individual sellers attract less attention than commercial stores like Rakuten.
nah DHL is not safe, neither is Amazon when they ship through Aramex, both ask for KYC documents and both take high customs. My last JC watch was from amazon US, the seller shipped it via DHL & they refused to release my parcel without the passport, pan card scans. Then when the delivery guy arrived he hit me with customs for 3,500Rs. At least when you use Amazon directly they take the customs deposit so you know how much they would take.. I ended up paying around 13,500Rs for each Cupcake watch.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Baselworld is right around the corner and that's where we should see at least 1-3 "new" G's and one new Protrek. That's what I'll watch for. If rumors are accurate, a Froggy with a depth sensor may be on its way.

That being said, Casio has a big problem on their hands if they don't start coming up with innovative features/idea's with their new releases. You can only rehash a new watch from other designs (in PRW6000, GWN1000, GWG1000 - same module, etc) so many times before people get bored.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for posting the info, Starscream. You are the best source of news about G-Shocks. : )

Have a great weekend,

G.
I agree with godizded .
Nothing interesting there for me though. Keep up your good work ss!! ☺

thanks guys! appreciate it. :-!

hope you guys and everyone else has a great weekend as well!

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
Baselworld is right around the corner and that's where we should see at least 1-3 "new" G's and one new Protrek. That's what I'll watch for. If rumors are accurate, a Froggy with a depth sensor may be on its way.

That being said, Casio has a big problem on their hands if they don't start coming up with innovative features/idea's with their new releases. You can only rehash a new watch from other designs (in PRW6000, GWN1000, GWG1000 - same module, etc) so many times before people get bored.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am curious to see what they release at Baselworld. But I can tell you, I'm already bored with Casio. They really need to step up their game.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts