WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Still on the fence with this one.......have hovered over the “buy” button several times......

cleaned out a bunch (again), and have a MTG-VL + MR-G G2000 incoming, so might just let the wallet rest for a while and see where prices/availability go!
Nice! You got 2 amazing pieces. Casio and Seiko are both having a great and expensive year for us, IMO.

The VL and Borneo weren’t received well on the forums but the VL has been gaining lots of traction. Which I totally get but also think is funny because the VL is way more in your face w/ colors. Hard not to notice on your wrist. So far I haven’t noticed anyone looking at my frog and if I ever do get my VL I’m pretty sure I’ll be a little self conscious about wearing it. I totally get the Borneo looks like color vomit in photos but in person flies under the radar if you don’t look directly at it.

I’ve been drooling over both since announced w/ the VL being my favorite. Took me months to start thinking the Borneo is clearly the better choice for me. If I get a VL it’ll be great to see that I was wrong considering how much I like my hypno-toad!

Edit- the VL is the perfect Xmas watch. Someone should mod theirs w/ mistletoe hands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great looking watch, looks like a lot of fun. Personally waiting for the MTG-VL to release here in Canada and hopefully be lucky enough to get one, if not this would be my second choice and would try and snag one if I miss the VL. Question for me though is over time wouldn’t the clear resin bezel guards discolour over time and ruin the overall aesthetic?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone know where I can get one, other than from scalpers? I think I'll pull the trigger... if its still available
I am glad you decided to join us and you will not be sorry when you see it in flesh;).

I searched for all my usual European sources but this is as close as I got. Ofcourse the Toad is not in stock but they state they are taking preorders plus the price is also good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Great looking watch, looks like a lot of fun. Personally waiting for the MTG-VL to release here in Canada and hopefully be lucky enough to get one, if not this would be my second choice and would try and snag one if I miss the VL. Question for me though is over time wouldn’t the clear resin bezel guards discolour over time and ruin the overall aesthetic?
Hope you’re able to get 1. I’m also curious about the clear bezel discoloring? It'll ruin the look for sure. I’m going to try to pick up some spare bezels later if they become available.

Anyone know where I can get one, other than from scalpers? I think I'll pull the trigger... if its still available
If you like it in photos I’m confident you’ll like it in person just keep in mind it’s noticeably bigger than a MTG-B.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I put a shirt on for a fancy dinner with my missis and said foock it...toad it is:D.
View attachment 15493186
Now that’s a “Sports Watch”! Awesome shot!

Are you as surprised as I am at how versatile this watch is....... dressing up down and matching w/ colors? I didn’t see that coming while waiting months for it to drop nor did I care but WOW what a nice surprise.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now that’s a “Sports Watch”! Awesome shot!

Are you as surprised as I am at how versatile this watch is....... dressing up down and matching w/ colors? I didn’t see that coming while waiting months for it to drop nor did I care but WOW what a nice surprise.
Thanks. Yes, I was sure it will look stupid but I didn't care, it's my watch. But it turned out to be a nice combination, so yes, I am also surprised in a good way:).

That's awesome!!
Thank you, I am glad you like it.

Surprisingly works...lookin good!
Yes, indeed a surprise, thank you:).

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
I put a shirt on for a fancy dinner with my missis and said foock it...toad it is:D.
View attachment 15493186
this is a good example of how casio likes to play with reflections and colours. the mrgg is the same, one angle its all dark and moody, next its twinkling like a disco ball lol
those hands still like completely readable too (y)

ps. im sure the missus and the other patrons appreciated you putting a shirt on to go to a restaurant 😜

·
Registered
113 Posts
this is a good example of how casio likes to play with reflections and colours. the mrgg is the same, one angle its all dark and moody, next its twinkling like a disco ball lol
those hands still like completely readable too (y)

ps. im sure the missus and the other patrons appreciated you putting a shirt on to go to a restaurant 😜
Yes, the hands are easily readable in the dark, no problem there and you are completely right about the colours too. Reminds of a Me, myself and Irene:LOL: .

I wear a shirt so rarely that even you should appriciate it:D.

Looks awesome!
Thank you(y).

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
LOL! All good points. I think “hipster”
means different things to different people. I took it more as someone who wants to stand out a little more w/ an artsier/edgier look. I live in LA, CA and I’m quilty of that. However, these days I’m mostly in tshirt, shorts/sweats.

I agree w/ you value wise. Love this and the 1035 but only time will tell?

You are absolutely right about this thing kicking it up a notch w/ it’s shiny bits. My MTG “B” version was a big step down from this.

I thought the sunny weather comment he made was weird but he does mention weekends only. So he’s not saying 30 hot days. ✌
akk! by your definition, im a hipster!!! 😨😭 i'll have to start drinking only things that have "cold press" or "artisan" in their names 😂

Yeah, sorry. I figured out what you meant after I posted. I left it because I wanted to share my thoughts on the bezel. I’m guessing the retail mark up the Borneo has over a standard Afrog is because of the polishing/treatment of the bezel? It’s very refined.
maybe a little but its mostly cos its a LE. nothing about value here lol

81 - 100 of 138 Posts