WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Cool... you guys have been at this for a VERY long time.
Not sure what happened to Brian, but I really liked his reviews.

like the avatar image btw.

MOST fave 3-
-Electro lume, I use this EVERY night / early morning multiple times. I am severely nearsighted and a very light sleeper, waking up 2-3 times every night. Alarm clocks and wall clocks are totally useless.
-Daily alarm, I set it every evening at 9:30 PM as a reminder to take my vitamins
-Count down timer, I use this almost daily for various things, most often in the kitchen
-World time would be a 4th, I have co-workers and part suppliers in china, malaysia, bangalore, mexico, israel, UK and across the US.

LEAST fave 3-
-Auto-lume, I have no problem pushing the button... and its kind of fun
-Hourly chime, I regularly look at my watch, never needed this feature
-24 hour time, Never needed it

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My G-Shock was my dedicated travel watch.

Useful: atomic time sync, solar, world time.
The world time was only used to reset the main time when I landed in a new timezone.
I did use the alarm as a back up, but the alarm on my phone was more than enough to wake me up.

Useless: stopwatch, countdown, hourly chime.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lume on analog hands. No, forget that.
Illuminator that shows the analog hands well. Er, well.
All kidding aside, besides time my three next pics are:
Timer
Stopwatch
World time
Atomic time and solar are nice but not essential to me. The rest I don't use much if at all. Wouldn't call them useless, rather useless from a particular point of view.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
Yeah, I gotta admit, the ones you listed as least useful are ones that I NEVER use. (though I know many ppl do use the alarm function, and its loudness seems to depend on the specific model) I would use the auto-light function if it weren't such a battery draining function.

The ones I use the most are: barometer, stopwatch, and World Time. I also appreciate sunrise/sunset times on the watches that have it, and also time stamp/sensor stamp functions on those that have it.

Another that I almost never use is the thermometer, given the need to have the watch off the wrist for 20 mins or so to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The ones I use the most are: barometer, stopwatch, and World Time. I also appreciate sunrise/sunset times on the watches that have it, and also time stamp/sensor stamp functions on those that have it.
I wanted to keep the article to the "standard" functions found on almost all G-Shocks. Barometer, sunset/ sunrise, moon phase, temperature, etc.... are found on specialized G-Shocks.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
I need my g-shock to get me to the fridge and then to my living room.
If Casio ever sells a g-shock that will get you a beer (no matter where you are) - they'll make a fortune! 😂

1 - 20 of 45 Posts