WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am a G-Shock newbie and need some advice. I need a good watch to wear when working out:weight lifting,running,swimming etc.. It needs to be practical as well as stylish:) Are G-Shocks the way to go? Which models are most popular and where is the best place to buy one for the best deals? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
471 Posts
G7700/G7710 is a very good G-Shock for sportsmen. lots of timing functions

second choice is mudman for it's dual stopwatch and built

just my two cents ;)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The referee timer (DW56RT) and the G7700/7710 are also good. The referee timer has interval timers, and the 7700 has 2 countdown timers, both useful for workouts.

DW56RT

G7700

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm also looking for a watch for running, with features such as countdown, lap time, interval time, etc. I have narrowed the choice down to 2: either the G-7710, or the Timex Ironman 150 lap. Any advice on which of the two would be better?

I really like the look of the G-7710. It looks slick and versatile. Is it easy to use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi, I'm also looking for a watch for running, with features such as countdown, lap time, interval time, etc. I have narrowed the choice down to 2: either the G-7710, or the Timex Ironman 150 lap. Any advice on which of the two would be better?

I really like the look of the G-7710. It looks slick and versatile. Is it easy to use?

Thanks.
I bought my 7710 on friday and I am working all weekend so I can´t really review all the features yet. The ones I have tried out are nice and easy to use and the watch is really really comfortable on your wrist! |>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi SeventySeven, whenever you have the opportunity, it would be useful to know if you find the stopwatch and countdown timer digits easy enough to read.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi SeventySeven, whenever you have the opportunity, it would be useful to know if you find the stopwatch and countdown timer digits easy enough to read.
Yes, I´ve got no problem whatsoever reading the digits. In some light conditions you have to look quite straight at the watch but that doesn´t pose a problem for me.

You can se the timer digits here, but remember that the display is much more easy to read IRL...

·
Banned
859 Posts
I use a Timex Ironman Triathlon for workouts mainly due to the heartrate monitor. It also has a stopwatch, lap time intervals and a countdown timer. It comes with a chest strap for heartrate which is helpful if you have a program that specifies working at specific heartrate ranges.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd say mudman too but after hearing about the G-7710 ,that would be a better choice. I suppose it would depend on your work out program :think:

BTW cool video SeventySeven

1 - 10 of 10 Posts