WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time i worked on those models and i must say, it is a complex watch...

First of all i removed the capacitor to avoid any future malfunctions of the radio-controlled module:

The lume i used was Superluminova C3 for hands and custom blue lume for the dial:

Module luminized and ready for installation back in the case:

The stock gasketd has been replaced by one made of Viton:

And this is how it looks and glows with new lume:

Thank you for watching!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Looks so cool mate, it was hard remove the module from the watch, were did you get the lume? i´m thinking on doing that to my 3500.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
What a lovely set of 'how to' photos - well done on a terrific looking mod. Couple of questions...

When you said you removed the 'capacitor', did you mean the battery?
What is the advantage of using a Viton gasket over the original Casio one?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What a lovely set of 'how to' photos - well done on a terrific looking mod. Couple of questions...

When you said you removed the 'capacitor', did you mean the battery?
What is the advantage of using a Viton gasket over the original Casio one?
Yes, solar watches do have capacitors instead of batteries.

Since this are solar models, they will not be serviced often (like battery powered watches which will be serviced after the battery be comes empty), so thats why a viton gasket makes sense (it will withstand betther acids and salt during a long period).

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Yes, solar watches do have capacitors instead of batteries.
Never realised that. Have replaced a 'battery' before in a solar module (a CTL1616), never knew they were called capacitors and not battery's.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nice mod! I always thought the lume was the weakest feature on my 3000. Yours looks great.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Angelo:
I have a 3000 bb 1 which is a 50th wedding anniversary from my kids and grandkids.
Cost $200.00+ online.
You have bigger cajones than I to for the modding. But I will say it was a very successful
endeavour on your part. Congrats and Kudos WIS.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Angelo: I have a 3000 bb 1 which is a 50th wedding anniversary from my kids and grandkids. Cost $200.00+ online. You have bigger cajones than I to for the modding. But I will say it was a very successful endeavour on your part. Congrats and Kudos WIS. X traindriver Art
Ha, ha...Thank you Sir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts