WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright,
i recently bought a paw1500-7v but its kinda overboard for me so i'm thinking a solid g-shock would suffice,
here is what i need:

atomic
solar
analog/digital
(preferably ^ however if there is just a solid digi i'll take it)

can stand up to a beating-> extreme weather/temps

affordable (NOT the MRG line heh)

not crazily colored
(prefer all black or somethin close)

have spent a lot of time lookin at frogmen and risemen etc... but ultimately i've just gotten lost in all the serial coding.... was considering the gw2000 or 2500.... any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,284 Posts
What about the AWG-100/101 ? :)

Ana-digi atomic solar, black and affordable.
There ie even a bracelett version. :-!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
What about the simple 5600J?
I love mine.
Simple
Big Digits
Lightweight
Atomic/Solar
Tough
Inexpensive compared to most other models.
Good luck in your hunt,
C.

·
Registered
18 Posts
DW5600 series are the best G-shock. not too much big, not too much expensive. I wear one about 8 years -2x battery replacement. Now I have MRG7100 but DW5600 was better for everyday wearing. I was snorkeling it on the sea, lakes, 5-6m under water surface is not problem, This watch trying oil, gasoline, salt water, mud... I was dont care about it. Now I have broken band. this watch is light weight too.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
What about the simple 5600J?
I love mine.
Simple
Big Digits
Lightweight
Atomic/Solar
Tough
Inexpensive compared to most other models.
Good luck in your hunt,
C.
Exactly my recommendation as well. Understated yet still sufficiently advanced, and a whole lot of value for the price. |>

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so no recommendations for the mudmen or other models?

I like the 5600 but is there anything more g-shockish? and are there any that arent 4 inches thick?

the awg100 was dec- any further info on that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry all didnt mean to insult hehe

what i *meant* to say *ahem* is the 5600 is sweet are there any other models out there though? perhaps with the analog? =)

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
How about a GW-6900 ? Atomic, Solar, Easy to read. Multiband 6. It screams "G-Shock". It's very comfortable. It's not too thick.
What ever you buy it's going to be a fun beginning. I didn't expect to fall in love with G-Shocks to the extent that I have, but the damn things just grow on you.
"...and then there's MOD."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about a GW-6900 ? Atomic, Solar, Easy to read. Multiband 6. It screams "G-Shock". It's very comfortable. It's not too thick.
What ever you buy it's going to be a fun beginning. I didn't expect to fall in love with G-Shocks to the extent that I have, but the damn things just grow on you.
"...and then there's MOD."

looking into it~ found a pretty nice black and grey 6900 i kinda like... thanks for the suggestion!:-!

·
Registered
242 Posts
+1

Vote for the rally Mudman GW9010.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts