WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for me, a simple LED flashlight built into the resin. Nothing crazy, just enough to find the remote when my wife is sleeping.

you?

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
for me, a simple LED flashlight built into the resin. Nothing crazy, just enough to find the remote when my wife is sleeping.

you?
I heard GD-350 has pretty bright EL (or does it have a light bulb?)

And the DW-6600 has also very powerfull EL. If you press the light button in totally dark room, you can see around you and you can search for stuff.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I heard GD-350 has pretty bright EL (or does it have a light bulb?)
The GD-350 has dual LED's. Very bright, but barely enough to use for walking around the home at night (unless you've got terrific night vision).

A watch LED bright enough to light your way requires a lot of power, more than what can be provided in these small coin cell batteries. I think it was Swiss Army / Victorinox that came up with such a watch, containing rechargeable batteries inside and a desk charger.

There's all kinds of features that one can dream up for G-Shocks. I've narrowed all of mine down to just one wish, that I'll keep repeating over and over until CASIO takes notice (wink, wink), and that's variable alarm tone control. The ability to set the loudness of the alarms, similar to how you can set the duration of illumination. CASIO can do it. They've proven that they can make a very loud watch (like the G-3010/G-3011) with G-Shock dampening, as well as a multitude of different tones with just one piezo speaker. In fact, if they wanted to do it right, they'd not only allow you to select loudness but also the tone frequency. This would be such a great improvement.

·
Registered
303 Posts
While we're dreaming....

A g shock that looks / works exactly like a DW-5600e but with the addition of:

1. 30% larger, including the screen and digits, not just the bezel
2. 2 more alarms, snooze
3. Solar / Atomic

Dam what a watch....I need a tissue.

...but they'll never make it. It would make all other g's obsolete.

·
Registered
391 Posts
May I suggest Casio MDV-102...not a G-Shock, but it is essentially like wearing a small LED flashlight on your wrist. Google Image has a few photos of the watch with the lights on.

MDV102_02.JPG

·
Registered
826 Posts
Would like a date-set alarm, and also USB data storage capabilities.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The watch I had immediately before my g-shock had a nifty feature where you can set a countdown time (in seconds) and when it reaches 0, it'll beep a few times and count up (like a stop watch). This is extremely useful for self timing of activities with an added start reaction.I missed that feature in my g-shock. But my g-shock has been working 8.5 years (and still counting) vs the typical 1-2yrs of life of my other watches. So, I'm pretty happy with my g-shock.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I can't help wondering why no other G-Shock owners complaints on the fixed illumination duration (1sec/3secs). It gets really annoying in the dark when you want to do something with the watch and the lights goes off every 3 seconds. Why can't it be customized, or an option where it can just stay on till another press on the button, or otherwise auto off if no activity is detected.

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
I wish my G-shock can bring me a coffee when I'm busy reading WUS |>

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
There's at least two models that have this - the G-7800 and the G-7500 (and the variations like GL-7500 and G-7510). But on the G-7500 you can't set the seconds on the timer.

Cheers, Sedi :)
The watch I had immediately before my g-shock had a nifty feature where you can set a countdown time (in seconds) and when it reaches 0, it'll beep a few times and count up (like a stop watch). This is extremely useful for self timing of activities with an added start reaction.I missed that feature in my g-shock. But my g-shock has been working 8.5 years (and still counting) vs the typical 1-2yrs of life of my other watches. So, I'm pretty happy with my g-shock.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
There are literally tons of features I would wish for, but right now I only wish we had a GA-100 V.2 and I think technically it would be doable:

- instead of one LED, three of them in a 120° angle which would illuminate the dial very evenly.

- less bright LED's, the amber is no too bad but still exaggerated for maintaining nightvision

- if possible differnt coulered LED's settable in the main menu (eg: amber, green, red, blue)

- illuminated digital displays: the analog illumination and the digital illumination doesn't have to go off at the same time. First push of light button is for analog, second for digital, third for both. Because the analog timekeeping is certainly the major concern for most people, still it would be great to have night useabiliets in the digital domain.

- hands should move to 12 o'clock whenever a timer or alarm is to be set (just like as the AWG-M100 series does)

- a bigger battery: nothing wrong with the CR1220 but more capacity is always nice.

- getting rid of the small hand a 12 o'clock, it doesn't add much use to the watch but it clutters the dial unneccesary

- an additional vibe alarm would make this just about THE perfect EDC watch though I don't know if that is doable.

Honestly, with a GA-100 like that I would be willing to sell about 80% of my watches - are you listening Casio?

cheers

·
Registered
511 Posts
There's at least two models that have this - the G-7800 and the G-7500 (and the variations like GL-7500 and G-7510). But on the G-7500 you can't set the seconds on the timer.Cheers, Sedi :)
That's good to know.Too bad for me since I've already bought another g-shock replacement watch and am just past the Amazon return time limit.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
A G that says the time out loud! maybe they can turn the holes on the jason into a speaker and make a limited edition where Kikuo Ibe tells you the time! lol

img_g_shock_g_001_casio_watch.jpg

press a different button and he says the day and date..

the alarm can be Mr.Ibe screaming "pi po pi po pi po" or him laughing or crying or something like that..

this way blind people can tell what time it is..

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
also, certain Baby-G's have animations on them.. kinda like this:

I know my sister has one with several animations on them, like a dolphin etc.. would be cool if G's had those as well.. lol I'd like it! the Rangeman cat can lift his arm up and look at the compass, or the gulfman turtle can wave his sword around etc..

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
A G that says the time out loud! maybe they can turn the holes on the jason into a speaker and make a limited edition where Kikuo Ibe tells you the time! lol

View attachment 1260572

press a different button and he says the day and date..

the alarm can be Mr.Ibe screaming "pi po pi po pi po" or him laughing or crying or something like that..

this way blind people can tell what time it is..

A speaking G-shock is nice to have, but not Mr. Ibe's voice please!

·
Registered
178 Posts
To be able to set text to an alarm or timer... like "pizza's done" or "pick up kids". Sometimes the alarm goes off and I have to think "what the heck did I set this for?". An LED flashlight would be nice.

Also all G's should have vibe alarms. Love it on my GD-350.

I would love to see a high end G with more practical everyday features. Altimeter and barometer is nice but for most of us those features go unused. Timers, alarms, world time, stopwatch... I'd like to see these basic but useful features enhanced much more than they already are.

I'd pay for a "smart G" that cost just as much as a Rangeman or Frogman but with features I could actually use everyday. Hopefully when the Apple iWatch comes out it will push Casio to offer more features to compete. Let's face it, from a technological standpoint G-shocks haven't made any great strides in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Better tide features. How about a gulfman with REAL pre-programmed specific tide data for the next 20 years at 500 locations and sunrise/sunset and moonphase? If Rip Curl can do it, so can Casio. Make it happen.

The gulfman is starting to look pretty weak next to the other Masters of G. Time to beef it up.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
To be able to set text to an alarm or timer... like "pizza's done" or "pick up kids". Sometimes the alarm goes off and I have to think "what the heck did I set this for?".
You should take a look at the G-2900 or G-7600 then - they both have this feature on the alarm (not on the timer however).

cheers, Sedi :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts