WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All,
Recently, after about 8 years, my G-Shock G1000-1A died. I sent it off to get repaired and was quoted £85. (Prob more than the watch was worth.) As it was a present from my mum I said they should go ahead. 5 months later, I've been told that Casio don't have the parts, so it's dead.
So, I'm looking at getting another G-Shock. I'll use it primarily for playing sports and going to the gym. I don't expect to pay over £300, but would for the right watch. I'm open on colour, but probably black. Also open to analogue or digital.
I don't know loads about G-Shock options, so would really appreciate some ideas.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
Everyone new to G-Shocks should read THIS before doing anything else. I did, and it was a great resource that helped me pick my first.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
Black. Under £300. Gym and sports. New. Medium size. Would like solar power. Not fussed on exclusivity.
I like the GR-8900A-1ER, the GD-350-8, and the Rangeman.

This Rangeman is my fav so far:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I was just about to suggest the Rangeman or GD-350. Both are great watches and you could go with whichever one calls to you.

If solar/atomic, ABC, sunrise/sunset functions would be useful to you, then the Rangeman would be the way to go. I should note that some have experienced problems with broken lugs, but that seems to be the exception more than the rule. Still worth mentioning though, as the added stress to the wrist from some gym activities may make it more prone to breaking. But it's a great G-shock nonetheless (perhaps the ultimate), and I wouldn't let that hold me back from purchasing one.

The GD-350 really punches above it's weight. For functionality alone, it is my favorite of the non-"Master of G" G-shocks. It has a nice readable display, and the ability to view the timer in home time mode lends itself perfectly to a gym watch. I think it looks cool as well.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either of those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are several to choose from:

1) Land series / Mudmaster: These work fine even in extreme environments like forests and desert. The twin sensor model (GWG-1000-1AER) has thermometer and compass, RRP £280 in the UK. The triple senson models (GWG-1000-1A£ER, GWG-1000GB-1A£ER) is £650-£700.

2) Sea series: If you planning a bit of water sports with it, go for GN-1000B-1AER (RRP £250).

3) Air Series: These withstand even 12G force! Plenty of colourful options to choose from. For black ones, check out GA-1100-1AER (compass & thermometer) OR GA-1000FC-1AER

4) GW-7900-1ER: Another sturdy watch with solar powered, radio controlled, tide graph and moon age.

5) Oh, how can I forget the phone connectivity in the smart watch age? Check out GB-6900B-1ER (RRP £160) or GBA-400-1AER (RRP £180).

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts