Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
International Page got updated:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Source: http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/wat/new_products/

So that GW9400 negative black with the orange is not a wide international release.. I think the UK is getting it, maybe a few other countries. also I remember seeing people talk about a non atomic g9400.. doesn't look like that's going to happen.

those who were wondering about the GW5510 that Japan got, it does not look like an International Release.. not this month, maybe next month.. but I highly doubt it, i could be wrong though, we thought that G-Set was Japan exclusive but it wasn't.

anyways, my wallet is safe. waiting for Nov-Dec!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Dude, that blue GA-100 just bit me. Seriously. I mean, not literally, but like, in the future wallet sense.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for keeping us always up to date. Very much appreciated starscream1017 :) Great work as always :) Apart from the Rangeman the 8900SC-1Y is my favorite. Think that's my next - in between - G- addition. Like it. Thanks for sharing.
not getting the lovers collection to match with the girlfriend? haha

that 8900SC-1Y is cool! but that white backlight killed it for me for some reason, but I'm just nitpicking.. got way 2 many on the want list and I'm just trying to cut it down. lol

·
Registered
835 Posts
I thought the Rangeman was a November release? I think I see that green one in my future and maybe one of those GA-100s. Not sure I am liking that New Era limited edition. I think I will need to see it in person before I commit.

thanks for the info Starscream

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I have started to like the G-8900 more, but not the Gr-8900 which has the thick eye and two weird ears - so I like release over all. NOT buying anything though - but if I can, I'd buy the LOVERS

·
Registered
28,247 Posts
not getting the lovers collection to match with the girlfriend? haha

that 8900SC-1Y is cool! but that white backlight killed it for me for some reason, but I'm just nitpicking.. got way 2 many on the want list and I'm just trying to cut it down. lol
Perhaps you know starscream the 8900 is my first G and that's how it all begun. My girlfriend picked up a Casio flyer ( on the street ) last year during her lunch break and bought 4 me after work this marvelous G below picture. That's why the whole 8900 series will always have a very special place in my heart :) romantic I know but that's the way it is ....

... Very happy she got this one now ..

and step my step few more 8900 will follow.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Starscream! My wallet is simply torched next month. And I've been saving since July. Still gonna hurt.

sent with aloha
you're getting the whole lightning yellow collection right? what else? getting other Rangeman models as well?

I thought the Rangeman was a November release? I think I see that green one in my future and maybe one of those GA-100s. Not sure I am liking that New Era limited edition. I think I will need to see it in person before I commit.

thanks for the info Starscream
It's only the Lightning Yellow one that's a Japan November release.

Perhaps you know starscream the 8900 is my first G and that's how it all begun. My girlfriend picked up a Casio flyer ( on the street ) last year during her lunch break and bought 4 me uafter work this marvelous G below picture. That's why the whole 8900 series will always has a very special place in my heart :) romantic I know but that's the way it is ....

... Very happy she got this one now ..

and step my step few more 8900 will follow.
very cool story! I love the 8900's as well.. it's a great model! that black and yellow one will match nicely with that little toy truck in that pic! :) do you plan on picking up any of the GLS 8900's in November?

·
Premium Member
13,984 Posts
starscream,

I am fairly new to the forum and still trying to learn as much as I can. My question is, when the monthly new releases are scheduled, are they set ahead of time for a specific date? Or does Casio say," We will release XXXX models during October", and the different retailers or regional world markets decide the specific dates?

I really already want to know what is coming out in Nov, Dec, and Jan of 14'. I think I have a problem. lol

Thank you and have a great day,

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
starscream,

I am fairly new to the forum and still trying to learn as much as I can. My question is, when the monthly new releases are scheduled, are they set ahead of time for a specific date? Or does Casio say," We will release XXXX models during October", and the different retailers or regional world markets decide the specific dates?

I really already want to know what is coming out in Nov, Dec, and Jan of 14'. I think I have a problem. lol

Thank you and have a great day,
Hi Rocat,
here is the catalog till December: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-shock-baby-g-pro-trek-catalog-october-december-2013-a-913114.html this is the Japanese Release catalog. We don't know whats coming out in Jan just yet, but it will have some of the December Japan releases.

Casio does set a kind of rough street date, but it's different from country to country and they often change their mind and sometimes bring stuff forward or push stuff back. So the monthly releases is just a rough estimate. Here in my country Casio India decides what to release here, Japan just tells them what is available and it's up to Casio India to decide what they want to release here, certain models don't do well here, so they don't release those. The new release page just lets me know what will be out this month and at what price, and I just have to keep checking in with stores to see if they have new stock. Most of the times stores don't know when a new model is expected and when they will receive stock.

It would have been cool if they had fixed release dates and they let every one know about it. would make life easier. One way to keep track of new releases is to 'like' the country specific G-Shock Facebook pages, as they often post whats coming out and what stock they just received.

Hope that helps! :)

you find anything you like from those Nov-Dec releases in that catalog?

·
Premium Member
13,984 Posts
starscream,

Thank you for the helpful information. I will keep an eye out on the websites of stores and casiousa and the such. As far as what I see in the catalog, I like the GWM5630-9JR and the GW5510-1JF. I tend to like the squares better. I also like the Rangeman but truly have no need for the features although it would be a cool watch to just have.

Thanks again,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts