WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wearing a G shock with leather straps, they are alright if u get them wet, but after several long days of wear, they are beginning to smell like soursoup.

Leather straps and G shocks are not the best combo. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to clean and deodourise leather straps?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Any leather cleaner should clean them. To deodorise, try putting them in the freezer for a couple of days. The bacteria that cause the odour should be killed by the cold.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tribe for the reply Tribe. I knew this would happen with leather straps, but I did not expect my strap to smell like a soursoup within less than a month. I thought I was taking special care, even bringing my polygon along incase of any strenious activity or sweat I would switch over.

But I can't complain, the Casio leather strap is the best most comfortable watch leather I have ever worn in my life.

I have being trying not to get the leather strap wet, do u think it is better if i were to take the watch to the shower as all my other Gs??

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I have being trying not to get the leather strap wet, do u think it is better if i were to take the watch to the shower as all my other Gs??
No, I wouldn't do that, although there's probably nothing wrong with a little soap and water, as long as you dry it thoroughly afterwards. Then apply some leather cream or oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts