WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in London the last few days, and I was really looking forward to visiting the G-Shock store on Carnaby St as it is the only one in the UK.

I was so disappointed, it was tiny, didn't particularly have many watches on show, it's honestly better looking at peoples pics on here. Was gutted and still am, was so looking forward to popping in since I had the trip booked.

Anyone been there? Did I just go on a bad day etc or was it really not great? :-s

·
Registered
917 Posts
It is indeed kind of a tiny store, but I totally enjoy popping in from time to time. Not that I'd take a trip to London solely for that purpose, but still. Awesome museum section that I've hung around just staring at quite a few times, a pretty neat MR-G section and some of the super-new models. So I dig it:)
Edit: Unless it's super-crowded, which has been known to happen. In that case it lose a few awesomeness points because, well, the aforementioned tininess.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
most g stores around the world dont have a huge stock to space ratio so it looks less. the stores are used for release events and what not so they need to have some space rather than a kiosk. that said, ive found them to only have the current/new release popular models, the G factory store in my city has a wider range as they keep older stock.
i always try to pop into the G store no matter what city im in, its more about paying your respects to the G gods than anything else ;)

ive been to both G stores in london (when there was two) and didnt think they were THAT bad but maybe times have changed?

i will say however the one in beijing was literally next level. one level for g's, one for protreks, oceanus etc and one as a little museum of casio paraphernalia :-!

·
Registered
917 Posts
most g stores around the world dont have a huge stock to space ratio so it looks less. the stores are used for release events and what not so they need to have some space rather than a kiosk. that said, ive found them to only have the current/new release popular models, the G factory store in my city has a wider range as they keep older stock.
i always try to pop into the G store no matter what city im in, its more about paying your respects to the G gods than anything else ;)

ive been to both G stores in london (when there was two) and didnt think they were THAT bad but maybe times have changed?

i will say however the one in beijing was literally next level. one level for g's, one for protreks, oceanus etc and one as a little museum of casio paraphernalia :-!
Oh man I have to get to Beijing at some point. That really does sound like next level stuff:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts