WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
It’s not for me as I don’t collect G’s and it would not get any Casio wrist time over my Protrek, but it is unique, which I like.

·
Registered
234 Posts
@ataripower nice one, looks great on your wrist. I would imagine it's a comfortable wear despite its size. I used to have the MTG-B1000 with carbon bezel and it was super easy to wear given the case dimensions. Have to wait a little longer for my Blue Phoenix edition as its coming via customs.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I can surely imagine myself wearing one....if I ever decide to pursue a career in circus or clown business..
What the hell is going on with all these rainbow versions? Why don't they stick a miniature fluffy pony tail on top of it while they're at it? FFS... It's a G-shock, damn it! MTG! This is a disgrace to the brand.

I'm eagerly waiting for a transparent rainbow version of the Rangebeast, that would be a treat...
casio has been making bright coloured ones for decades(as well as many, many more black and drab versions) how is it a disgrace exactly?
theres more to life, watches and the buying public than professional canned good hoarders that edc an ar15 with 1000 rounds 😅

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
There is clearly a lot of skepticism from traditionalists about this watch. My thoughts are as follows. Wrist watches that are not 'smart' are an endangered product line. The younger generation are simply not interested in them unless they have an apple logo on them. By producing watches like this Casio are extending the life of the traditional watch by making the youth interested in owning them again. I've had this watch for just over a day and have received more positive comments in 24 hours about it then any Rolex, Omega or Zenith I've ever owned. We need innovation if our hobby is to succeed and Casio are leading the way with their understanding of what the latest social media generation actually want and that is what is important if the industry is going to remain relevant in the next 25 years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the idea of using materials in a way that cannot easily be reproduced on-screen.

I very much prefer the thing-itself to the picture-of-the-thing; digital renditions of analog watch faces, for example, always look wrong to me

Rainbow metallics are nice because they're physical in a way that digital screens have trouble mimicking.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine just arrived this morning:

It came from the UK via post and somehow I didn't get nabbed for import duty, so got a killer deal as the G-Shock store did not apply UK VAT. Needless to say I'm delighted with the watch, it actually looks very upmarket, right up there with my MRG. I've a small wrist (6.5"), but I'm well used to large watches so happy days!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Casio is printing money with these things...I’m betting that once the process is dialed in, the process is pretty low-cost.

And more power to them! I’ll continue to wear my “humble” 35th anniversary edition square, and other gems from the 2001-2010 era where they still made lots of stuff around 45mm (GW-M850, GW-2500).

Now, if they could please make an A-1000 (small, steel-case digital) with a colorful classic crystal instead of mother of pearl, that would be great :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Any reasonable place still have these??
I just ordered it from this store in the Netherlands.
You can sign up for their email and get 5% off. They didn’t discount the included 20% vat but at least it saved me sales tax in CA. I emailed them asking about a Vat price adjustment. Doubt they’ll adjust it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
You can sign up for their email and get 5% off. They didn’t discount the included 20% vat but at least it saved me sales tax in CA. I emailed them asking about a Vat price adjustment. Doubt they’ll adjust it?
With the discount it's about $1,000 even. How much are all you guys paying?

·
Registered
182 Posts
With the discount it's about $1,000 even. How much are all you guys paying?
I paid $1,074.45 from that website this morning. I would have been ecstatic at $1k even. I don’t see it lasting long and doubt you’ll find a better price you can get in on. I would pounce on it if I was you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Only 2 left here.... and gone. Anyone here able to score off my link?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for sharing but i guess its sold out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 54 Posts