WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all, could anyone help me.

Last Christmas I bought myself a G shock MTG1100-1A and to save myself a few quid I imported one from the United States. (I live in the UK).
Upon recieving the watch I was mesmerizied as I opened the box and watched it automatically set itself to the new time zone. I must say I am /was impressed at the quality, feel build and features etc. That was until british summertime. I was of the impression that the watch would again adjust time by itself but it didn't. I tried in vain to set it so it would and tried everything the manual suggested to 'sync' the watch but all to no avail and had to resort to setting the watch manually which I found extremely difficult to do accurately. I have also been on holiday quite a few times ( Italy, Spain and Egypt) and again the watch never altered its time. Is this normal or have I got a faulty watch or is it just set up incorrectly????

Any help would be much appreciated.

On another subject I was thinking of buying another G-Shock to wear for work etc and was looking at the GW-3500B-1AER. Does this watch alter itself automatically??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The W in GW-3500B's codename stands for Waveceptor which is Casio's proprietary name for the automatic syncing feature. So yes it does. About your MTG, maybe you accidentally turned reception off while fiddling with it? Also, your location sometimes determines whether it would sync or not, since the sync is done by reception of radio signals from atomic clock towers. Maybe you live in an area with lots of tall buildings?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
The first thing that may help you is to stop reading the instruction manual in book form, the print is atrocious! Your module number is 5088. Download the manual here:

Watches [ Manuals ] - CASIO WORLDWIDE

Next, this is the appropriate part of the manual that will show you how to 'manual receive' - good luck...

Text Font Circle Illustration

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic, a manual I can actually SEE, and understand, (to a degree)... thanks a bunch, MTG now up and running as it should, hopefully, will soon find out when the clocks go forward.... ;)

Thanks again, much appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts