WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have decided to take my first steps away from mechanical watches and try out a G-shock!

So here is my question: which G-shock has the most features (including barometer, altimeter, etc.)?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! This might be a stupid question, but is the Raysman the same thing as the Riseman?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Go for Riseman. No regrets. It currently comes in black n orange since it's only released this year. Not sure if the orange one is out yet though.
But do take note there are 2 versions--GW-9200 n G-9200. Only the former has wave-receptor that allows you to synchronise your watch in some countries and so it also costs a bit more.

Oops...just realised there's gonna be a white one too. They are really churning out the new riseman quicker than i can save up for them..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. I am going to try and trade for one (see my post on the WTT forum). I will post back if I catch one. :)

As of yesturday I never though I would be so enthsiastic about a digital watch! I fear if there is a G-shock influenza I have caught it!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Alright. I am going to try and trade for one (see my post on the WTT forum). I will post back if I catch one. :)

As of yesturday I never though I would be so enthsiastic about a digital watch! I fear if there is a G-shock influenza I have caught it!
there is also a metric version with squirel on backcase and sae / imperial version for the us it has the flying dragon on it b-)

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
i'd recommend the 'dragon'. balances both worlds. :-!

just fyi I was coming back from las vegas about 2 months ago I hit the altimeter button just as i was passing the baker thermometer I was going about 80 mpg and the reading was 940 feet. when I got home I checked google earth and it said baker was 937 feet. that impressed me :-! :-!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yup! Riseman GW9200 is packed with triple sensor - Temperature, Baro and Alti.
Actually, it's a twin sensor (like it says on the back side). The altimeter is not an actual sensor but rather a calculation based on temperature and barometric pressure.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. One more question: what about the Flightmaster?

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
oH, maybe it was called flighttimer?
Sounds like you've been inhaling too much of that happy plant smoke. :-d

It's certainly confusing with all those watches and thousands of different names.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts