WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent round trip drive from Ft. Collins CO to Reno NV provided the opportunity to use and appreciate my GW-300. I took this one because its Record feature let me time stamp arrival at points along the way. The route is about 1K miles through most empty country, with mountains, salt flats, wind, snow, dust storms, road work, semis and Winnebagos. I drove alone, often at night, and wanted to learn times, terrain, mileage etc., for future trips. I am used to the GW-300 from pre-dawn runs, whose changing light conditions - glare, nearly total darkness, etc. - are similar to those encountered during road travel. The second time zone, stopwatch with current time displayed and big buttons all were useful. These features and the instruments in a new car - cruise control, average mileage and speed, GPS, etc. - enabled me to monitor the trip and acquire information for the future. Thus, road travel joins running and winter mountaineering as activities for which a G-Shock is better than any other watch I know.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Very nice.
I have a friend in Ft. Collins, love the town!
Stop by New Belgium and O'Dells for me :)
Cheers and safe travels,
Chris

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice.
I have a friend in Ft. Collins, love the town!
Stop by New Belgium and O'Dells for me :)
Cheers and safe travels,
Chris
Thank you for the kind words. Not only are the micro breweries here, but my window faces the atomic clock transmitter a few miles away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts