WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Casio mandate the retailer pricing ? Have never seen a G-Shock in retailer with pricing discounted ?

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Most retail stores are MSRP, but they do have sales. Right now Kohls has buy one get 50% off another.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I've purchased at Sears, SeiyaJapan, and Amazon, always at a decent discount...

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got a high end shop throw in a G-Shock for free when they couldn't discount the watch I wanted any further.

Reactions: Slm643

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
noticed on Fleabay 30th anni are dropping in price. looking like a buyers market right now.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Kohl's and Macy's are the only brick+mortar stores where I've seen discounts on G-Shocks... but most of the time, they're not much off from discounted prices easily found on-line. On-line is the way to go, if you're budget conscious (like most of us). See it in person if you need to, but then buy on-line... unless you've got some local store perks that make it worthwhile.

For a time I remember reading about some guys who struck up relationships with SA's at MACY*S, so they'd get very early opportunities to pick up new releases. And they'd get discounts by being valued repeat customers. So that's if you're more into the service thing... as that does "feel good". Something about buying a watch in the store, having personal assistance from someone knowledgeable. But, in these days with the Internet leveling the pricing field, I don't put much value on it any more. It's sad... but that's the way things are going.

Not to delve too far into the future, but I do see things eventually moving to "just in time" creation. You will visit these department stores where they're not very large, but you get personal assistance on your needs. Inventory will not be there, but you'll get things sized and fitted exactly and in a day or two the item arrives at your home. That way you don't have to carry it around with you. That'll be more for those in upper middle class to upper class financial standing. Everyone else will be buying on-line, because of the powerful virtual reality stores where you "feel" like you're there. Amazon will have that someday. You will be able to pick up merchandise and really look at the detail as if you were holding it in your hand (only with lighting being different).

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
No 'chain' retailer in the UK offers discount on new G Shocks, online is the only way to go. Ironically, I have a 38% discount voucher from Casio which I can apply to any watch on their UK web site. Any watch I remotely would buy, even applying that discount, I can still buy cheaper online. The one I really wanted, which I would have bought on their web site is the GWG1000 Mudmaster Maharishi Ltd Edition at £750 - but, they're sold out!

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
funny thing is, this business model used you be in existence. they were called catalog stores. they had some stuff in stock, other stuff you ordered it and either picked it up or delivery. Sears, Montgomery Wards, Service Merchandise, and some others. this was in the 70's early 80's. then the Mall experience exploded and instant gratification took over. history repeats itself. literally, i have seen a few of this model reappearing now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts