WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum, have owned several Casio's over the years. I currently have a Pathfinder PAG-240 and a Waveceptor GW-330A.

I just purchased a Master of G Rangeman Limited Edition Watch GW9400DCJ-1. I purchased it for the upgraded version 3 Triple Sensor, Atomic timekeeping and tough solar features, plus it looks cool and it's a G-shock!

Well, the digital numbers on the Rangeman are about 1/2 the height of the numbers on my Pathfinder and Waveceptor. Though I had Lasik surgery a few years ago, I have to squint to read the numbers on the Rangeman.

My question - is there a digital G-shock with atomic timekeeping and tough solar that has larger numbers? I can easily read the time on my Pathfinder and Waveceptor.

Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
The MTG-M900 has very large time digits for a G. Unfortunately, even from the factory the various colors don't match, and the paint on some of these parts wears off over time.

MTGM900DA-8 - G Shock | Casio USA

If you want big digits and a relatively compact case, a Pro Trek PRW-3100, rather than a G-Shock, would be my choice. They come in many variations.

PRW-3100-1 | PRO TREK | Timepieces | CASIO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!! Question on the Pro Trek. I have an old Pathfinder (predecessor to Pro Trek) and it has served me well, though no atomic timekeeping.

How would you compare the durability of the Pro Trek 3100 to the G-shock line?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bought the GW9010-1 Mudman for that very reason -- easier to read. Available via Amazon for abt $200, but I bought it at brick-and-mortar JCPenny for $110.

gs.jpg

Reactions: jcombs1

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Thanks for the replies!! Question on the Pro Trek. I have an old Pathfinder (predecessor to Pro Trek) and it has served me well, though no atomic timekeeping.

How would you compare the durability of the Pro Trek 3100 to the G-shock line?
Because of the outer resin bezel, something like a Rangeman can take more scrapes than a PRW-3100 without showing obvious damage or damaging the parts of the watch beneath the bezel. Also, it's pretty easy and inexpensive to replace the resin bezel on a Rangeman (or on most other G-Shocks).

The upside to the PRW-3100 compared to the Rangeman is that it is smaller in diameter, thinner and has much larger time digits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question on your Mudman. I hear that the buttons are very difficult to push in. Has that been your experience? Are you pleased with the watch overall?

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
That's a great pickup for $110.
Yup, was surprised to learn the sales lady in JC Penney can lower the prices on stuff. Was buying a ladies watch and just asked to look at the 9010 Mudman and she lowered the price to $90. How could I resist! I bought both watches.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Question on your Mudman. I hear that the buttons are very difficult to push in. Has that been your experience? Are you pleased with the watch overall?
Buttons are fine, not overly difficult to press. This mudman is a bit smaller than some other gshocks -- I prefer the size of the g9100-1 Gulfman, for example, and may still buy one -- but it had everything I wanted. And I love the "cylon" look and larger readout. Final score: 9/10.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Buttons are a pain in the axx if you want to make use of functions often. If not, and you need the watch mainly for timekeeping you should be fine but the stiff buttons are the main reason to sell all three of the Mudman I had, they just got too less wristtime beacause of that very reason.

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts