WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just discovered this message board. Like a lot of you I love watches and have been collecting them since i was a wee lad. Just recently I got into G-Shocks and man are they addicting; I now have 5. Anyway I just purchased a GWX5600B, the glossy white one with a glossy black band. For some odd reason I feel afraid to wear it because I think it would be a shame to dull and tarnish the glossy finish. Feels a little strange considering behind the glossy finish it's still a rugged utility watch. Probably won't stop me from dirty-ing it up though but its the first time I've felt any reservations about getting a G-shock dirty. And in my daily routine I do put them up to a lot of abuse.

So I got to thinking, as much as I like some of the "flashy and trendy" g-shocks (I own those too) it seems a little paradoxical for a watch brand that has a reputation for extreme ruggedness should have so many "pretty ones" within its family tree. I guess you could call it clever marketing, who knows....

So what about the rest of you? Are there some G-shocks you try harder to preserve than the rest?

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Had the G-2000 stayed in production or if there were plenty of spare parts, I would not have been afraid to abuse it. But since it's so lean in availability, I restrict it's wrist time. Fortunately, that's the only G I have that I "baby". the others are quite expendable.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I'm not hard on any of them but I consider my G-7800B to be my "dressy" G-Shock so I baby it the most. Also because of the shiny PVD-coated bezel (coating seems to be pretty tough though).

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm pretty careful to keep all my ADMA's clean.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I don't abuse any of my G-Shocks........ I own 9 or 10 DW5600's. It's one of my favorite models.
So please help me to understand. Why do you need at least 8 or 9 backup watches of them, if they will all be kept in perfect condition? I assume you don't think that a $40 plastic watch is an investment, so let me in to the secret, if you will?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Of my g's, just my frogman. I'm saving all it's toughness for when I eventually learn to, and routinely go scuba diving.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have previously messed up an altimeter watch by wearing it in a hot tub, so I am weary of bringing my riseman into any sort of water.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I try to be careful when wearing my Kermit Frogman and all of my MR-G's.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My new 6900BC and 6900RD - They look too good to abuse. :)
Besides, thats what Mudmen are for. Abuse the crap out of em..they are ugly to start with.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I am careful with all my watches. My Tuna gets worn very carefully. Its now a classic. I am careful with my Dawn Black Frog as I think that might go on the sales forum to fund some other watches I am interested in. I dont have any watches that just sit in a box. That said my only DW5600WC FIFA sits in my drawer the most just because I dont like square watches near as much as round or for record analog watches :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts