WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have the green version of that Timex and I do like it, but it's no G that's for sure. For me the biggest short coming of the Expeditions are the acrylic crystals. For me they are just too soft. I'm certain I've put some swirls in it just from cleaning it after use. Tried the one with the vibration alarm too and it was just OK, but doesn't get much wrist time at all.

The only other Expedition that catches my interest is the WS4. I'm not sure if they make them anymore so they are kind if pricey when you come across them, more than I'm willing to pay anyway.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
What are you doing to your watches to break them?
Racing sailboats and working on a large steel containership. General hard use and banging into immovable objects, stuff G-Shocks shrug off.
Timex metal bezels are notorious for denting, then they are misshapen and fall off. My son dented one as well.
The plastic case parts crack and break. Holes for spring pins elongate and the pins fall out.
The bands are weak, crack and break, particularly the soft rubbery plastic straps.
One module just plain died. New battery did not revive it.
And battery life is nothing like a Casio which last for many years. Timex don't seem to be as efficient power users and the batteries seem to die much sooner.
Don't see any solar powered Timex anymore, unlike Seiko, Citizen and Casio......Timex gave up on solar.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Racing sailboats and working on a large steel containership. General hard use and banging into immovable parts.
Timex bezels are notorious for denting, then they are misshapen and fall off. My son dented one as well.
The plastic case parts crack and break. Holes for spring pins elongate and the pins fall out.
The bands are weak, crack and break, particularly the soft rubbery plastic straps.
One module just plain died. New battery did not revive it.
And battery life is nothing like a Casio which last for many years. Timex don't seem to be as efficient power users and the batteries seem to die sooner.
Wow, tough use! Mind if I ask how your G-Shocks are holding up? I'm curious because I have a G-Shock now.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Wow, tough use! Mind if I ask how your G-Shocks are holding up? I'm curious because I have a G-Shock now.

Thanks for the reply.
G-Shock do well...they get scratched and scuffed up but keep working. Haven't broken one yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am late to this post, was researching on Timex as well and this model came into my consideration. The deal breaker for me is not the negative display nor the skinny digits. It is the word "SHOCK" on the dial. I feel that is exclusive to G Shock watches.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The other thing is, I'm fond of putting Nato straps on watches, and looking at the pics of this one, I just can't see a way of doing it. I can't figure out how the strap is attached. Does it even use spring bars? Does it screw into the case, and those are actually functioning screws? Sorry for the late post...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The other thing is, I'm fond of putting Nato straps on watches, and looking at the pics of this one, I just can't see a way of doing it. I can't figure out how the strap is attached. Does it even use spring bars? Does it screw into the case, and those are actually functioning screws? Sorry for the late post...
hey im trying to reply to one of your threads regarding the citizen d28a. Is it available?

·
Registered
874 Posts
hey im trying to reply to one of your threads regarding the citizen d28a. Is it available?
Sorry, that one is long gone. Which thread would that be? I haven't posted about that watch in YEARS. Not that I can throw any stones about late replies...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts