WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'd like to order some quality Phillips screw drivers and was hoping for some sizes? I'm assuming there metric? I need the common sizes for band, bezel changes, and opening the back for battery changes-which I believe is a standard tip. I currently have a gw6900, gw9400 rangeman, ga100, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
At the other end of the spectrum, I know a few other members (and I) have had great success with Shop Kobalt 8-Piece 5-1/4-in Multi-Bit Screwdriver at Lowes.com

Philips head sizes 1, 0, 00, and 000, and equally tiny non-metric straight blades in 5/64, 3/32, 1/8 and 1/16.

They're strong enough that I actually twisted the tip of a cheap Radio Shack screwdriver with one, fighting with double-ended bracelet screws.

For the most part, though, unless you're fighting factory LocTite or a metal screw corroded into a metal case on a vintage DW-5600C, we're working with TINY little screws threaded into PLASTIC! We don't really need MAC or SnapOn grade tools for those. :) Heck, half the time I don't even bother putting the 1.5" long bit into the driver handle -- there's that little leverage needed!

·
Premium Member
14,008 Posts
Try Home Depot $7.00 for the multi screwdriver kit HD-74501 AC it has #0 #00 #000 Phillips and flathead on the other side. Then $7.00 spring bar tool and you are set for 99% of anything you want or could do to a G-Shock

·
Registered
358 Posts
At the other end of the spectrum, I know a few other members (and I) have had great success with Shop Kobalt 8-Piece 5-1/4-in Multi-Bit Screwdriver at Lowes.com

Philips head sizes 1, 0, 00, and 000, and equally tiny non-metric straight blades in 5/64, 3/32, 1/8 and 1/16.

They're strong enough that I actually twisted the tip of a cheap Radio Shack screwdriver with one, fighting with double-ended bracelet screws.

For the most part, though, unless you're fighting factory LocTite or a metal screw corroded into a metal case on a vintage DW-5600C, we're working with TINY little screws threaded into PLASTIC! We don't really need MAC or SnapOn grade tools for those. :) Heck, half the time I don't even bother putting the 1.5" long bit into the driver handle -- there's that little leverage needed!
The link shows torx screw bits. Not philips or flat screws. Probably you got the wrong link.

Try Home Depot $7.00 for the multi screwdriver kit HD-74501 AC it has #0 #00 #000 Phillips and flathead on the other side. Then $7.00 spring bar tool and you are set for 99% of anything you want or could do to a G-Shock
I used this one too. Husky brand from Home Depot. I saw it in the tool section of G-shock Wiki.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
The link shows torx screw bits. Not philips or flat screws. Probably you got the wrong link.
I did -- the older, basic version (which looked just like the one in the link, except for the bits) has apparently been superseded by the ratcheting version ( Shop Kobalt 1-in x 5-in 7-in-1 Multi-Bit Micro Screwdriver at Lowes.com ) and the EIGHTEEN piece version: Shop Kobalt 18-Piece 5-in Multi-Bit Screwdriver at Lowes.com

Or, the old one might still be in stores and I just can't find it on their website. :-d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts