WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G-Shock Tough Test #1

Okay everybody. Here's the first of the G-Shock tough tests. The tested watches are:

G-2300B-1V
G-9000
DW-6900
Timex Shock
S-Shock

You can view the video footage by clicking on the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9myZXacBiV0

Sorry about the substandard video and sound. I don't have a video camera, so I had to use the crappy video feature on my digital photo camera.

I'll be posted the other tough tests in this thread as well, as I upload them to YouTube.

·
7,481 Posts
I'm sorry, did you say substandard? There is absolutely NOTHING substandard about that whole video. I thought I was watching Mythbusters for a second :-! I even stepped back from my monitor as you suggested ;-)

Great job, glad to see someone joining me in YouTube land, and you did so much better than me. You sacrificed life and limb, you added credits, and you inserted yourself in the video. I tip my hat Buzzbait. Great job, and I look forward to #2. I noticed you got ballsier in the second test by the way....no hard helmet. Can you give us a hint on what you plan to do on your next one?

Oh by the way....did your wife at any point afterward ask what the heck is going on in there? lol

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Buzzbait,

If that's substandard, you need a dictionary, my friend.

I find it excellent in form and contents. What a cool test. Now I understand very clearly what the Tough Test of Doom is about. :-!

Two notes:

1. "...and a genuine Chinese S-Shock, which I don't expect to hold up too well..." :-d

2. "No cute puppies were harmed during the filming of this movie". :-d :-d :-d

A full box of Maruchan points to you. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
AWESOME video Buzzbait, definitely nothing substandard with the video. Looks like the watch on your wrist got a fair workout too.

Keep em comin. :-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I'm a big fan of the precision and complexity of scientific language:

"Basically, we are just gonna lay this G-Shock on its side and whack it real hard with a hammer..."

:-d

Another great test, Buzzbait. :-!

Note: There's only one thing that I would recommend: after the test, hold the watches closer to the camera and for a longer time, so the digits' movement is more clearly visible.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
These are really entertaining Buzzbait, are you in the media as it looks really proffesional, very very enjoyable, well done and thank you for going to the trouble of making them, You and Doug are our resident film makers, you both do excellent work!

·
7,481 Posts
That was just classic! :-d I am really enjoying these videos Buzz, keep it going......

Mr. Wizard vs Mythbusters vs Fight Back with David Horowitz

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Great Videos Buzz, you're doing well, can't wait to see what's next! :-d

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great videos! The quality is good, you can see clearly what's going on. The fan test looks pretty dangerous, make sure you wear safety equipments.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Number 2 video was great, I winced every time the hammer hit the watch. I thought the timex and the s-shock would have felt it, was quite surprised with the result.

Great work :-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I love it. :-!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
great videos buzz and whats up with the Timex and S-shock? they are still working after being hit by the hammer? i was so disappointed. i thought they're gonna break apart.

great test. so, u got the cement mixer yet?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Very nice video!! My wife wants to see a clothes washing machine test!!!!!! I think she might be thinking about throwing ME in the washing machine!!!!!!:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

1 - 20 of 53 Posts