WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thanks for the link Dude, but that's nothing compared to the spin cycle torture test that one of the members here did... and guess what... it went a spinning, but kept on a ticking :-!:-!

·
Registered
123 Posts
These test sound fun in an evil way. I might have to buy one just to beat it up using work related activities that might actually happen to it. With a little finess of course.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Yes, it survived the washing machine test, only to be destroyed later by an air rifle. That was one tough watch, may it rest in pieces. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Every time I see that ad, I wonder why they didn't show the watch after the 'hammer shock test' - it just cuts to the piston test. Maybe it mashed the watch :)

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Yeah it is odd that they cut away right before the hammer hits yet they show the piston hit it 2-3 times. What were the 3 watches used, or were there more? I think I saw a 5600, Mudman, and a Frogman. It's cool the Frogman was at around 225 meters and still ticking. Isn't that part of the tougher Iso standards though? To test slightly above the stated WR?

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Someone posted one time that they put theirs in an empty paint can and then put it on one of those paint "stirring" machines... now THATS bad!

If I still had my froggie, I would have one of all those models tested!

:)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yeah it is odd that they cut away right before the hammer hits yet they show the piston hit it 2-3 times. What were the 3 watches used, or were there more? I think I saw a 5600, Mudman, and a Frogman. It's cool the Frogman was at around 225 meters and still ticking. Isn't that part of the tougher Iso standards though? To test slightly above the stated WR?
The cold and electricity tests were done with a Giez, so it must be four.
I think it was Buzzbait who posted (or asked about) the ISO standards - they have a longer time period at a given depth, and some other differences, to get the 'Diver' classification.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Someone posted one time that they put theirs in an empty paint can and then put it on one of those paint "stirring" machines... now THATS bad!
That would definitely be a good test. I would want some earplugs, though.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Forgot, here are the differences between a "normal 200m" and a "divers 200m" I started this thread on the affordables forum and member Paapaa found this for us..

Quote:
ISO 2281 tests:
- immersion in 10 cm for one (1) hour
- immersion in 10 cm for five (5) minutes with a force of 5 newtons applied perpendicular to the crown/pushers/buttons of the watch
- immersion in 10 cm at 40 C for five (5) minutes
- immersion in 10 cm at 20 C for five (5) minutes
- immersion in 10 cm at 40 C for five (5) minutes no more than one (1) minute shall elapse during transfer.
- Immersion in water at the rated pressure for ten (10) minutes.

ISO 6425 tests (water resistance tests only quoted):
- immersion in 30 cm for fifty (50) hours
- immersion in 30 cm at 40 C for ten (10) minutes
- immersion in 30 cm at 5 C for ten (10) minutes
- immersion in 30 cm at 40 C for five (5) minutes, no more than one (1) minute shall elapse during transfer.
- immersion in water at a pressure of 125% of the rated pressure for ten (10) minutes with a force of five (5) newtons applied perpendicular to the crown/pushers/buttons of the watch)
- Immersion in water at a pressure of 125% of the rated pressure for for two (2) hours.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts

If I still had my froggie, I would have one of all those models tested!

:)
I was the one that performed that test while working at Home Depot part time, during my university days:). The G2310 simply shrugged off the abuse.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Clearly the ISO 6425 is WAY more stringent than the other. The watch actually has to be able to be used at depths beyond its rating.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
The cold and electricity tests were done with a Giez, so it must be four.
I think it was Buzzbait who posted (or asked about) the ISO standards - they have a longer time period at a given depth, and some other differences, to get the 'Diver' classification.
Im wearing mine right now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts