WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone )) I just bought my new G-Shock and decided to check it's toughness!
Please, tell about your tough test of yours G-Shocks.
Someone likes to demonstrate the toughness of G-Shocks? How you do it?
I'd like to show off to my friends that my G-Shock can survive all tests! ))

P.S. I have a KING G-SHOCK (GX-56) - specially for hard tests!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I will not shocktest my G's. Not that i am afraid of breaking them,but i just know that a G will stand a test. Given that its a normal test,i.e normal daily use. And we all know,that even a G will break if you give it a rough test. A G will survive a bump or a drop from a view feet. It will not survive a smash against the wall or dropping it from the Empire State Building. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Don't be so boring ))
G-Shocks are great watch because you can do a lot of crazy things with them - and nothing happened! And all other watches will break.
I don't want to destroy it - that's why I asked you about your tests.
And I think that the KING - is the MOST indestructible!

I saw some vids with smashing G-Shock against the wall and dropping it from 12 floor - no problem!
G-Shock survives all this!

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
There are plenty of threads on this subject. We usually sit back and read about how a newbie thought he would test his G's toughness. Then he rants and gets mad because it broke when he smashed into a brick wall or threw it in a blender or whatever. o|o|:-d:-d

I would suggest just reading about the tough tests and not actually partaking in it.

Most of us buy G's because we like them and their durability. We, I am not about to destroy a watch for fun.

BTW welcome to the forum and enjoy your watch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Send it 12,800 ft down in the sea… I wonder how the G would hold up..LOL just being funny... but seriously mine can ha! I'm not trying to pick a fight just humor folks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Send it 12,800 ft down in the sea… I wonder how the G would hold up..LOL just being funny... but seriously mine can ha! I'm not trying to pick a fight just humor folks!!
LOL let's do it easy. I can throw my G-Shock from 12 floor on the concrete. Can you? ))
G-Shocks - are the toughest! And I want to prove it!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
G-Shocks are designed to survive things that would (and have) put their owners in the hospital -- they're NOT designed to survive anything and everything people can come up with in the way of "torture tests."

I've posted here before about how a 12 year old can generate enough throwing speed to exceed the "10 meter drop test" speed, which means that a 12 year old with a good arm (or a grown-up with a halway decent arm) can break their G by throwing it at the wall or the ground as hard as they can -- and several people on this forum have done just that!

But Mudman is not a good G-Shock watch - because there are no inner damping - nor a floating module concept. The real G-Shock MUST HAVE inner damping! GX-56 has a "Alpha-gel" inside - so maybe the KING of G-Shock can survive this test.
Get yourself a bat, a few cinder blocks, and something to record your experiment with -- if you break your watch (OR if you swing like a six year old girl!) we'll just laugh. :-d

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And are there some videos or pics with 12 year old who broke G by throwing it at the wall or the ground?
I think G must survive any of 12
years old )

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
And are there some videos or pics with 12 year old who broke G by throwing it at the wall or the ground?

Probably not, because most 12 year olds think their G's are indestructible, therefore they haven't filmed it. :-d

I think G must survive any of 12 years old )

According to science, you'd likely be wrong: Average Speed of Baseball Pitches by Age Group and Average Pitching Speeds Of 10 Year Olds, 11 Year Olds, 12 Year Olds, 13 Year Olds, 14 Year Olds And 15 Year Olds

(Remember that it's not just pitchers hitting these speeds -- they're just the ones throwing that fast with the control to hit the strike zone repeatedly. A lot of MLB infielders and outfielders can throw almost as fast as pitchers but they're usually not trying to hit such a small target.)

In comparison, a G-Shock FALLING 10 meters in Casio's standard tests is only going about 30 MPH.

Here are two threads where three people threw and broke their G's: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/little-annoyed-casio-clasp-question-916024.html and https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/broken-master-g-mudman-g-9000-a-632966.html There are surely more if you want to look for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thank you for the information.
Have you noticed that both broken G-Shocks - Mudman!
That's why I get the KING for tests. And KING did not have pins in the band!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Don't talk to much, do the test and let us all here enjoy =P

just simply: dip it in boiling water,smash it with sledge hammer, run over it with a truck or drop it from 12 floors high

Oh, and don't forget to wear it on your wrist in all those test.. =)

goodluck.
(especially on your wrist)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Well, since you seem to have reasonable conviction to do this, and 'cause science, can I call dibs on some parts?

I'd like a battery holder screw from the module. The little ones that hold it all together. And the piezo disc from the speaker, in two pieces please. Also, one of those little rubber strips that make contact between the PCB and the LCD? Not both, just the one. And a bezel screw. Thanks. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.