WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the G left DougFNJ and made its way down to me. Unfortunately the job and the weather did not cooperate, so I was not able to make it to the coast. I did however have a little time, so could have a bit of fun.

#1, Proof it did make it to me.
#2, Boundary Avenue in Aiken, SC, a very beautiful, frequently photographed, stretch of street. More so later in the year.
#3, The G is only rated to 200M so I hope it can handle this task.
#4, #5, We know G's are tough, but can they handle being run over by a semi truck?
#6, A well loved G, up close. With a problem?

#1 - I know it says Washington, that is where I used to live. Now in South Carolina.

#2 - Boundary

#3 - Water resistant?

#4 - Click to watch. Turn on the speakers.

#5 - Yup tough enough. The tractor/trailer combo weighs about 8.5+13 = 21.5 pounds and will still hit 15+ MPH.

#6 - Interesting feature of this G when the digits change, they are momentarily mixed up/gone!

I may try to add a few more later if the weather and my time cooperates.

·
7,947 Posts
Thats great....that video cracked me up :-d

Great road shot....really hard to keep focus on both the watch AND the landscape, isnt it?

Looking forward to more :-!

Sjors....is Jerst registered on that link that you did the 50 watches one? Maybe do it through there?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Great Photos and Video Shadow :-!

I did not notice the disapearing digits, I did a batter change just prior to sending it out :-s

I am going to read up on starting a blog. Im not that computer savy :-s

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great road shot....really hard to keep focus on both the watch AND the landscape, isnt it?
Well, with the camera I was using, yes. If I had my Canon S3, I probably coulda made it work, but I was in a hurry, so I wouldn't get run over by any cars. The G woulda been fine, but not so sure I woulda been.

·
7,947 Posts
Well, with the camera I was using, yes. If I had my Canon S3, I probably coulda made it work
Man.....when the weather gets nice, I am going to have to play with and learn ALL the functions of my camera :think:

but I was in a hurry, so I wouldn't get run over by any cars. The G woulda been fine, but not so sure I woulda been.
As the video proved ;-)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Man.....when the weather gets nice, I am going to have to play with and learn ALL the functions of my camera :think:

As the video proved ;-)
:-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
WhtShadow said:
Interesting feature of this G when the digits change, they are momentarily mixed up/gone!
I noticed that with my DW9051 as well, which uses the exact same module. Six years ago I thought it was some flaw with the watch, but after some observation I realized it was there on purpose. A little quirky, but it makes for an interesting presentation. :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Excellent improv when bad weather strikes.

Would it be better to have all the G travels in the same thread, or different ones? I'd say it would be easier to keep track of in the one thread. :think:

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,591 Posts
Excellent improve when bad weather strikes.

Would it be better to have all the G travels in the same thread, or different ones? I'd say it would be easier to keep track of in the one thread. :think:
The thread will become probably unreadable after some time if all travels end up in the same thread. I think separate threads will attract more readers (when G-travels 3 pops up). It would be easer if the post end up in a Weblog all the original posts. I already contacted Jesterca about this (it's in the making process)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The thread will become probably unreadable after some time if all travels end up in the same thread. I think separate threads will attract more readers (when G-travels 3 pops up). It would be easer if the post end up in a Weblog all the original posts. I already contacted Jesterca about this (it's in the making process)

Cheers,

Sjors
Ha Ha can you tell im lazzzy :-d I was reading about it last night, this last weekend my son and wife kept kicking me off the computer. I will put something together soon. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts