WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came home yesterday evening to find that the "Traveling G" has made it to New York City. It is a busy time at work and there are a ton of family obligations, but I will do my best to bring this G-8000 around not only my "daily life" in the City, but to places that give a bit of feel for New York, and Manhattan specifically.

I may do a series of posts, rather than just one. We shall see.

Either way, give me a few weeks before I move it on to the next lucky recipient.

Here is the G-8000 this morning. Shot from the temporary office where I've moved my law practice for the time being.

I think someone may have chopped off a bit of the strap. I have a G-8000 at home and I don't recall the strap being quite this short or the watch fitting quite this snugly. I am wearing it on the fourth hole of what is left -- anything less than that and the end of strap will not stay under the "keeper". Depending on the time of day, it can make the watch a bit snug:

Here's a tiny bit of cityscape on this gray, rainy day in Manhattan. Both of these shots are through fairly grimy windows:

This is looking east toward the East River:

And this is looking North. You can see a pyramid shaped skylight just beyond the tall building. That is an atrium at Mt. Sinai Hospital one of the many major medical centers in this town:

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Looking forward to more pictures! I love these informal shots - they can give a better impression of a place than the standard views.

And it would have been me that chopped the strap. And after I did it I thought - 'Ah, went a bit far there... ' ;-)

·
7,405 Posts
Great to see this going again. I love New York :-! Looking forward to the sites you display.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
great to see the G has landed again. I did the "tourist view" of NYC awhile back and would love to see the non-tourist version, at least of Manhattan.Thanks

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
And it would have been me that chopped the strap. And after I did it I thought - 'Ah, went a bit far there... ' ;-)
:-d:-d:-d Cracked me up when I read that, the strap bandit owns up!! Funny stuff!! Looking forward to some more great photos of the Big Apple, I visited Manhattan and Staten Island back in 1994, very cool place!!:-!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yeah Kronos, give us a non-tourist view of NYC! I've lived in and around the city since 1991 and still learn new stuff about it - and of course it's changing faster than I can keep up with it too!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm looking forward to Christmas in Manhattan! :-!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
cool kronos, i know you'll hit a home run with your report.

ps, found you on google maps.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Loved your last shot! :-!

Can't wait for the rest... :);-)

And yep, like Tribe.. "informal shots" are way better IMO.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
:-d:-d:-d Cracked me up when I read that, the strap bandit owns up!! Funny stuff!! Looking forward to some more great photos of the Big Apple, I visited Manhattan and Staten Island back in 1994, very cool place!!:-!

:-d:-d:-d strap bandit LOL

Glad to hear its surfaced again. Looking forward to another great Kronos adventure :-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts