WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saw this in a store today.

It's rather nice but I think the nylon strap just kills it.

Anyone wearing a watch with a strap like that? Does it stink after awhile or after some heavy exercise?

Does it fray?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
WOW.. I think that looks pretty sharp......:-!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nylon straps need to be washed regularly with soap or mild disinfectant to get rid of the nastiness, but other than that, they are very durable and comfortable to wear. They do fray over time and I personally like the look of old nylon straps.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Hi GBC

I have a couple of G-Shocks with a nylon strap.

I have worn the FIFA volunteer model quite a lot and find the strap very comfortable, easy to keep clean and no sweaty smells even after some Florida heat and humidity.

I prefer the nylon/leather strap to resin. Definately recommended.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi GeeBee Cee.
I saw it in the shops too. The strap should be a nylon fabric one. I'd bought the AW-590 verson with the black/steel face and resin straps. Personally I've always found nylon or canvas fabric straps to feel scratchy, even the velcro fitted ones too. The temp. and humidity here ans dust would very quickly make it a sweat and dirt trap and boy would it smell then! One can always take it out for a wash but there again that would soon wear out the look of the strap unless you are into the weathered/worn look. Just mho.
Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts