WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks for posting. Had no idea it was available yet. To be honest I wasn't that interested in this but the cap as the box is such a nice idea I'm now considering it. How much is it in Singapore?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for posting. Had no idea it was available yet. To be honest I wasn't that interested in this but the cap as the box is such a nice idea I'm now considering it. How much is it in Singapore?
It retails for $299. (US $240.7) quite likely out of stock in all shops in SG by now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had wanted to get this when i first saw info of this posted on this forum, I was following up on the launch closely till last night when I saw Casio Singapore updated their FB post that it will be launched today at RSP 299. It is more expensive than the manbox despite being less special and due to the Qs expected, I gave up on this. It is nice, yes but the price and the need to Q up....makes it so much more difficult to get one. I sure hope there will be a re-release though.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Don't forget, today was release in SG. It will be a full worldwide release, staggered through next month. If you are interested in one just keep an eye out is all I'm saying.

sent with aloha

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Hate the GA110 for being unreadable but this looks very pretty.
The GA110 isn't easy to read, but in good light conditions it's not unreadable... it just takes a little longer. I know because I own one, and, before buying it, I thought it would be much harder to read than it really is. Very pretty indeed.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hate the GA110 for being unreadable but this looks very pretty.
What a great looking model. I must have this one, looks awesome!:p:p:p This is the first time ever where we see a transparent jelly resin that is painted on the underside to give this cool foggy and jelly effect!:-!:p

I once dreamt about that possibility and now we see that dream come true...

As for the visibility of the time on GA-110 models. Some of them are more easy to read than others. The one I have that is the most easy to read is the rastafarian GA-110RF-9 and the hardest to read the Eric Haze GA-110EH-8. The secret though to read the time in dim light or especially when using the backlight is to not look at the watch straight on so that your own body or head shadows the display. It is best to look at it from an angle and keep the display in a way so that your body do not shadow it. When using the LED light the digital display will show the digits a bit more when you look at it from an angle tilted a little bit away from your body. The GA-110's are not very practical pieces as far as time telling at a glance is concerned, but I do not mind as I usually anyway take any excuse to look at my beloved G's on my wrist for a little bit longer, so for me not an issue.:-d Several of the GA-110's are just so good looking I think it is worth it, Casio really hit gold with that model and managed to create the first ana/digi of what might become a future classic...:-!

·
Registered
284 Posts
When i first saw the GA110GB, really liked it. But as a watch, it was the most impractical watch to tell time with. So when the GA110BR came out with the positive gold display, I sold the GB and got the BR. Would have kept the BR if I didn't happen to get the GA110NE. It has the same problems that I had with the GB but the NE is more stunning in the flesh than the mockup pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts