WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From g-street.com

Casio are set to team up with quirky Dutch artist illustrator Parra for this colourful new DW-5600PR-4ER G-Shock. Featuring Parra’s signature baby blue, red, orange and flamingo colour combo, the watch is due for release mid November.

Will you get it?

Watch Blue Digital clock Watch accessory Product

(I won't. Not my color).

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
I think I'm going to try to get one. I'm quite surprised the Parra is not discussed a lot here. I've never heard of Dee & Ricky before their first G collab, but Parra is worldwide known for his Rockwell designs. Maybe comparable with Eric Haze.

Probably sneakerheads and clubbers will be more enthusiastic to go for this watch.

I have some major purchases going on, but I hope I have left some money to get one.

As a fan of Lego, I will probably try to get a D&R too if I can get one for a fair price.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hmm, I keep alternating between liking it and not liking it. :think: That shade of blue makes it look like something you might find as a prize in a Kinder egg, but at the same time I like how it's different from any Casio I've ever seen before. Damn, this is screwing with my brain. :-s

Sent from my 80s teen wish-fulfilment movie using Kelly LeBrock

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
The red/orange clashes with the pink. I've decided I am not a fan of bands where the buckle section is a different color than the holes section. However, I will say that this is a design that seems to be very representative of Parra's work. If you are wearing a Parra shirt and/or shoes, then the watch would work very well with the outfit. I don't think the watch stands well on its own, though. You would need to wear some of these colors to make it work.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely. Along with the Dee & Ricky x G-Shock this is my other November purchase. Love the bright colours (even though they are rage inducing pastel tones).
D&R sounds good.

As a fan of Lego, I will probably try to get a D&R too if I can get one for a fair price.
Just curious how D&R relates to Lego. Because it is colorful? That is another reason to go for it.

Sent from my 80s teen wish-fulfilment movie using Kelly LeBrock
LOL. Was it automated from your app?

Now, that's a G I would actually be embarassed to wear. Ew.
LOL. I thought that girls will like it.

I don't think the watch stands well on its own, though. You would need to wear some of these colors to make it work.
My thought exactly. It may be good for a pool party.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I'm a little bit worried that I do like this watch. I like it quite a bit actually. If I were in my teens or even early twenties then I'd get one without hesitation. As I'm in my mid 30's though I doubt I could carry this off... So, hesitation ahoy.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh no.... what has the , at a distant time, famous heavy and tough Dw-5600 become???.... Gee, i'll get my 10 year old niece one of those...

·
Registered
47 Posts
its "time to party"...
so colorful, and outstanding from far. something new to 5600 module.

i brought it together with D&R, pending on delivery now...
still waiting... and waiting...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts