WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
You should definately sign up for journalism next year! Very well written. This topic was recently discussed here. I'm sure somebody will post the thread link soon, or I will once I get on my laptop. Fashion or Function? For me, it's BOTH. I like having a watch for any possible outfit I may wear and know I can take through anything!

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nice article. I like the graphic you made that uses the 6900 as the "O" in G-Shocked, very clever.

The watches I choose to buy are mostly for their looks. But if it wasn't for G-Shocks reputation for making durable and accurate timepieces, than I wouldn't even be looking at this line of watches. There are plenty of watches out there that look great, but G-Shocks seem to fit my personal style like no other watch can.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I'd say both, although with several models it's more of a fashion thing (such as The King). Nevertheless I like my King and it is one of my most worn G-Shocks to date. Excellent article by the way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like the functions,mostly the auto EL for bedtime,the countdown for workouts,timer for washing clothes so I know when to get em and the
durability for workand play.With that being said,I wont wear one unless it looks good...

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
At least with my Riseman it's about function before all else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would say for fashion, function and most of all, near indestructible as a watch you can get for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nicely written article!
If you consider the number of celebrities wearing Gs compared to no. of military/police and other outdoor professionals wearing them I think you'll frind the answer is skewed more to the functional side.
Lee

·
Registered
493 Posts
Both, although I don't think a G is appropriate in every situation, simply because they're not the most adult looking watches. I do wear them at work too, but not every day.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,567 Posts
I bought my first G-Shock because it's functional. Now I have many colors, so I can use it as fashion article. Still I think function is just more important. Product placement, like wearing G-Shocks in movies and video clips has are cool. I'm not to fond of Eminem, but I liked the Kid Cudi video with the Zomie Slayer :)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
for me its the durability, the toughness. then the fashion.. i like my watches colourful. not really into the advanced functions, as im not really an outdoors kinda person, nor do i go diving or do adventure sports.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
G-Shocks are not fashion, they are anti-fashion; they are the black hole of fashion, a necessary counterbalance.

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
92 Posts
What I like about g shocks is its versatility and variety.. It comes in all sorts of colours, shapes and sizes to cater to everyone's fancies .. To me, g shocks are fashion items.. Most of the time I wear them to tell time and match my outfit.. Of coz it helps that it is super tough and durable.. Personally, I couldn't ask for more.. A value for money all rounder bad ass looking watch !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts